What is holding you back from going completely remote?

Curious to know what your reasons are.

Replies

Amplifyre
Hybrid working models are great especially with the post pandemic circumstances, and recent productivity studies. However, remote working, when implemented successfully, can bring great value as well. For some people, remote work suits perfectly well, and some people would still prefer working face to face. The important thing is to communicate the big picture; even better if you invite the employees to be part of this process. It creates a "we are here together" kind of culture, and people feel part of the transition. You can read more about remote work in an organisation here: https://www.amplifyre.com/ask-th...
Lior Galante Cohen (Vaza)
I'm actually a big fan of the hybrid work model. When you go completely remove you miss out on these spontaneous opportunities to bounce ideas off each other and things like hallway conversations, you wouldn't have had otherwise.
Nishith from True Sparrow
@lior_galante_cohen I agree. Remote work has made all our conversations very transactional. We interact with other people in the team only on a need basis. Two questions: are you still working in a remote setting? Have you or your team tried any tools that helped you to engage with your team?
Misha Krunic
There's nothing really holding me back, I think. For me, an office does have some advantages to it, still. For example, eye-to-eye contact with people, work atmosphere, etc. And on the other hand, the conveniences coming from working remotely are nice but have not shown to be that crucial yet.
@price2spy Got it. So are you doing hybrid these days?
Misha Krunic
@nishith_shah Nowadays I'm mostly remote, due to the current situation with the pandemic. Once it's over I'm probably heading back to the office. Hopefully it will be over soon!
@price2spy Yes, we all hope it will be over soon! 🤞 In the meantime, have you or your team tried anything that has made remote work a little fun or 'tolerable'?
Misha Krunic
@nishith_shah Nothing specific that I can think of at this moment, but once this is all over, everyone from my team will be able to choose what works best for them - office, remote or hybrid.