What is best strategy of GTM when you have pay as you go business model?

Arjun Kava
5 replies
Hey, guys I am Arjun, CEO @ videosdk.live We are making a cloud communication API. As a startup, we are facing challenges to define the best Go To Market strategy. So far, we have explored many strategies but I want to understand more about the same. How to define the best strategy, measuring it out and best content to understand for the starter.

Replies

Cory Crapes
@arjun_kava1 I'm a non-tech co-founder. My advice would be to make sure and identify your perfect ideal customer and then find the path of the least resistance to said customer. I know that might seem kind of obvious, but I think it is the best GTM strategy there is.
Arjun Kava
@cory_crapes Understood, I got your point. This is something that we already doing but good to know that I am not only one who is doing it. Thanks.
Surender Singh
We use video SDK from one of your competitors I guess (they are also early stage). Initially, they started B2C (Zoom for India) but then pivoted to providing APIs and SDKs. Now they market their product to developers. I'll recommend: Most EdTech products have an inherent need for video tools. Not all of them can build on webRTC (at least initially). Get in there early. Talk to edtech founders. [you already seem to be doing that. Keep pushing!] Build easy integrations with website building platforms like Wix, webflow, etc. [Many clients get their websites built from freelancers and if they get awareness about your product, they will pitch it to their clients in case there is a use case for video feature]
Arjun Kava
@surender_singh Thanks for your detailed answer, I would like to ask one specific question. As you have already integrated SDK from one of our competitors, What are the pain points you faced and what can help you further to make it more impactful to your product or market? (Side Note: Please check our pricing and quality, I am sure you will change your mind 😃 )
Surender Singh
@arjun_kava1 Let's connect offline? My Twitter is @SurenderBp, ping me there and we shall take this further