What inspired you to create your product ?

Arun Pariyar
28 replies
If the legend is true, an apple falling on Newton's head was the "aha moment" that led to finding Gravity. What was your "aha moment" that inspired you to create you product ? Please share with us  πŸ˜Š

Replies

Patrick
Getting a startup off the ground the first time over weeks/months, and realizing how much faster it could be with the right tools. Now I can bring an idea to market in an afternoon. Looking forward to bringing our product to the public in our launch later this week! https://www.producthunt.com/upco...
Arun Pariyar
Hi @frontlyapp, I too believe that code should not get in the way of the idea. all the best with the launch. You have my support πŸ‘
Daniel Engels
My own needs that couldn't be fully satisfied with the existing services.
Arun Pariyar
I am curious @daniel_engels what kind of service was it that you are working in improving it yourself now, mind giving us a peek πŸ˜‰
Nikhil Bapna
First we connected citizens to their elected representatives and then realized that people of the same constituency couldn't connect and discuss with each and that's more important which led to people living next to each other connecting.
Arun Pariyar
I see what you mean @nikhilbapna. An easier way to connect to other members of a community in a reliable and accepted platform also allows for more meaningful and actionable engagement within the community. All the best moving forward to your team at Simply Local πŸ‘
Jha
First, it was arrogance and aggression. More of a "going away from" attitude rather than "going towards something". building can be a humbling experience tho... :') and so quickly it turned to who inspires me and how can i help solve the problems they talk about. For me, it was a bunch of awesome people in the knowledge work ecosystem like Naval Ravikant, Andrew Kirby, Tiago Forte, Peter Drucker, Tim Ferris Now my framework looks like this People -> Problem -> Product :D
Arun Pariyar
Hey @shivam_jha3, sounds like you have been having a profound time during the process. I would very much recommend you to publish a blog that would distill to experience down to your current framework. I would be down to read that 😁 . All the best with Nawal.. its something big in the making πŸ‘
Jha
@arunpariyar thanks man! i've bookmarked this discussion. so much to learn from the other responses and your interactions. :D
Satish
As a blockchain developer(xrp ledger) it was difficult for me to test things. For ex, if I write a script for something I'll also have to write script to make transaction and check it. There are good mobile wallets to do it, but then I'll have to import the keys into the mobile app and then check, and then get the transaction hash back from the mobile app etc - it was bit of a hassle. And each time I was on a zoom call, I'll also have to connect my phone and cast it on the computer screen and then share the screen to explain something. So I built a chrome extension for my own use, with basic UI. Later realised it'll be useful for other developers too. And then after polishing the product a bit more, I thought, anyway its a complete wallet and anybody can make use of it. So I made everything look easy and simple in terms of UI and made a website and now ready to release for the general public. No ads, No hidden fees, No nonsense. It's Completely FREE for anyone to use. To be released on June 01, 2022 on ProductHunt πŸ˜‰ πŸŽ‰ πŸ₯³
Arun Pariyar
Hi @satish_nl, I have shared my thoughts to you personally via LinkedIn and I hope you find then useful. I hope you will have a good launch looking forward to supporting you on the launch day πŸ’ͺ
Matthew Busel
My co-founder and I were originally building a frontend no-code tool (kind of like Stacker). In doing research for that product, we spoke with dozens of no-coders. While they had mixed reactions to the original idea, they kept mentioning a similar problem. Time and time again, we would see crazy 10-step automation workflows just to try to sync data across a few of their tools. After seeing it too many times, we realized there had to be a better way and decided to scrap our original idea and build Whalesync. Today Whalesync is a real-time, two-way sync across no-code tools like Airtable, Webflow, and Notion.
Arun Pariyar
Hi @mbusel, what you have written goes on to show the value of real engagement when creating a product. I think a reason why you were boldly able to scrap the original idea is because of the engagement.. This is something all makers should make sure to incorporate into their process. All the best with Whalesync and thank you for sharing your inspirations πŸ‘
Shalin Doshi
Non stop cold callings and finding customers for my business!
Sanja Mitar
We started to get frustrated with the lack of evolution in the calendar space and decided to fix it. Happy to report we've created the foundational layer and we've got an exciting road map ahead of us to solve this problem :)
Arun Pariyar
Hey @sanja_mitar , I think nook calendar performance yesterday shows that the frustration definitely exists and that your team is working it. Congratulations of a successful launch πŸ‘
Sean Song
1. When I started Sugr Cube, the whole idea is to deliver RESPECT to Steve Jobs. Because I had been working in consumer electronics business for 10 years. But that was bad business, people compete only for price. When Apple products (especially iPhone) were getting popular, consumers start to understand Design, User Experiences and start to pay for that. It completely changed our industry (yes, the world, later). So when I started my company, all I want to do is to deliver a well designed, fine user experience product. Also show RESPECT to Steve Jobs and Apple. How I did that: I love music, I wanted to create a music player, that is physical but it looks identical to an App from iPhone: its iconic rounded rectangle. And it should be touchable (iPhone has almost 0 buttons), it should work without you paying attention. So I added touch and motion sensing, later I added voice control (Alexa Built-In). I use authentic wood to make each device unique, not any two of them look the same. That was Sugr Cube. (https://www.producthunt.com/post...) There was joyful and sad stories during the past years. We are still working holding our mission: share sweet sound. 2. I'm working on a new product, the "aha moment" is not as complex as Sugr Cube. It is very simple: when COVID started in 2020, we had lots of Zoom meetings. As a small company, we cannot afford expensive meeting equipments, but we have to have a team (at least 3-5 people) sitting together Zoom with overseas customers. Then we asked ourselves, why don't we build sth. for our own need. To help us ease the pressure of setting up meetings. So we did it, and we will launch soon. That's it. My "aha moments", you got 2!
Arun Pariyar
Hi @seansong, thank you that was very energetic. You are right the experience element is now so huge that it has moved to almost all fields design, hardware and software. I also read some really great reviews on amazon about Sugr Cube so yeah big up on making that a success. Looking forward to your next endeavour do share in advance before the launch so that we can mark our calendar πŸ‘
Sean Song
@arunpariyar thanks!working bits by bits toward launch. will definitely share with PH since I started here 8 years ago.
Paul VanZandt
Covid forced a realization that many collaborators would need an alternative solution to brainstorming and collaboration exercises So we founded Fresco - www.producthunt.com/upcoming/fresco
Arun Pariyar
Hi @paul_vanzandt what has been of big help to us was Miro in times of covid for meetings of all level and still is, I am very keen to see what Fresco will bring to the table. All the best πŸš€
Kazimieras Melaika
Seeing that everyone puts their health, wellness, and emotions at the end of their priorities in life. And it's even harder for those who are suffering from various conditions. I see that every day, so... hope to help others! Btw, we’re launching in the mid of June. Check out our upcoming PH page: www.producthunt.com/upcoming/eff... Our project is called: Effecto. It’s an app for detailed habits, health, symptoms, and meds tracking. Pretty much for everything that is related to your physical or mental health and every daily factor that can affect you.
Arun Pariyar
Hi @kmelaika, its actually quite sad to read that everyone puts their health, wellness and emotions at the end of their priorities but somehow I can resonate with what you wrote. I think there could be no better inspiration that good health and wellbeing. I look forward to your product & hope it will help as many people. Thank you for sharing πŸ™
DullUser
I am so lazy to visit multiple search engines via typing the there names in web browser. Oha la then aha moment come in my life.
Arun Pariyar
Hi @userdull, ingenious I have bookmarked DullUser by the way. It is handy to have everything in one place. I think making your UI more attractive and appealing might help getting more people to use it πŸ‘