What impact do movies and video games have on children?

Ghost Kitty
28 replies

Replies

Veales
I play one I can recommend, I think it will suit you. Globle wordle game is quite fascinating, I play this game when I have free time, I do not regret that I started playing it, and you should try it, sometimes it is impossible to stop. I also play great games, but for some reason these games help relax and unwind mentally.
Vaibhav is SelfTalk.ing
As someone who is actively into Psychology and literally does research every other day for a newsletter, trust me it has a huge one. Especially on children whose pre-frontal cortex hasn't formed in the young age, it does have certain impacts.
Paul VanZandt
I think, more than anything, it encourages the notion that the best entertainment/interactions come through technology, which simply isn't the case. I always hear mixed evidence on how the specific content affects developing brains.
Harshit Chawla
I think children are spending more time on entertainment part instead of doing indoor activities, especially in recent corona time. also, many children are becoming more creative as earlier
Camille Landau
games may not be my concern, per se (I have two young-ish boys), but in retrospect, I wish we hadn't ok'd laptops in their room...because they live in increasing isolation
Maya Ben Zid
I think, in moderation, video games are a great thing. They teach a ton of situational awareness, challenge people to make decisions (often on a global scale), help deal with mental challenges, and develop creativity. Same goes for TV - good series are highly philosophical and thought-provoking. So, if a parent spends some time helping kids analyze and interpret TV content, that could be really formative.
Kazimieras Melaika
90s kids spent way more time with friends, family, or just being outside. Today's kids - not that much. But still, these things are good for language and cognitive skills but surely not the best idea for building social skills which are probably. the most important part of our lives. Btw, we’re launching in late May. Check out our upcoming PH page: www.producthunt.com/upcoming/eff... Our project is called: Effecto. It’s an app for detailed habits, health, symptoms, and meds tracking. Pretty much for everything that is related to your physical or mental health and every daily factor that can affect you.
Guillaume Mathieu
Sharing the result of some extensive research I did on this topic (for my personal interest as a parent of 3 young children and for my startup): - there is evidence of adverse effects of screen time on children related to obesity. - there is very clear evidence of developmental gaps consecutive to excessive (> 3 or 4 hours per day) consumption from an early age. - some more recent studies on brain development also point out such negative effects even from 1 - 2 hours per day. But it seems the "way to consume screen content" has also to be considered - such as co-watching videos with an adult. Many pediatrics consider that screen time is a missed opportunity for small children. At an age when their brain is developing the most, they need to spend time exploring, experimenting, and discovering the world with all their senses, which does not really happen when just sitting in front of a video. According to the 2020 survey by Common Sense, kids in the US will have spent one full year of their active time watching videos/playing video games by the age of 8... that's a lot of time they could have spent doing something else, that would have been beneficial to stimulate their growth as a whole! https://www.commonsensemedia.org...
Too much time spent in isolation playing video games will have a negative impact. Looking back, I'm glad that my parents only allowed me to play The Sims for a maximum of 45 minutes per day...young me definitely wasn't happy with that decision though!
Tracy Williams
It depends on which movies they watch and games they play, but, nevertheless, it has a negative impact on them. I limited access to TV for my children. I think they should spend more time playing and communicating with other children. Sunday is our family movie day when they can choose a movie and we watch it together. Here https://www.firestickhow.com/bes... we found Kodi and now we use only this streaming service to watch something.
Anna Nenasheva
Minecraft downloaded from the pirate bay is great for kids! There are online clubs that get together and do all kinds of learning-based activities. Not that you'd have to do that all the time. That's the great part. There are so many ways to play! Survival, creative, modded (where there are hundreds of more options). Plus, while you're helping your child with this, they'll learn all about how to install texture packs, launchers, and mods, which is a really cool easy way to be introduced into file manipulation basics. I've played games with my son since just before he turned 2, and he's pretty darn good at a lot of things most kids his age don't know anything about (that doesn't play Minecraft lol).
Ali Shan
Studies of children exposed to violent media have shown that they may become numb to violence, imitate the violence, and show more aggressive behavior. Younger children and those with emotional, behavioral or learning problems may be more influenced by violent images. Source https://asumetech.com/category/h...
Josef White
Hi folks, I was recently advised an interesting game to occupy a few minutes of my time, it's octordle wordle, not complicated and interesting game. If you need more detailed rules, check Octordle rules page. Play and have fun, don't be thankful and good luck.
xtrem point
Technology has revolutionized the world in which we live, transforming the way we work, communicate, and interact with one another. From the rise of the internet to the explosion of smartphones and social media, technology has created new opportunities for innovation and progress https://www.xtrempoint.com/categ....
world weekly
Technology has become an integral part of our lives, affecting how we work, communicate, and even think. From smartphones and laptops to artificial intelligence and machine learning, technology has revolutionized the way we live and interact with the world around us. It has transformed industries, created new business models, and led to the development of innovative products and services that have changed our daily lives https://www.thenewsontime.com/tech/.
world weekly
Crypto, or cryptocurrency, is a digital asset that has revolutionized the world of finance and investment. It operates independently of traditional banking systems and is decentralized, meaning that it is not controlled by any government or financial institution https://worldweeklynews.com/cryp....
xtrem point
Cryptocurrencies have been a topic of great interest and debate in recent years. Some people see them as the future of finance, while others remain skeptical of their potential risks and volatility. Regardless of one's stance on cryptocurrencies, there is no denying their impact on the financial industry and the broader economy. As the technology continues to evolve and more people become involved in the market, it will be interesting to see how it develops and what role it will play in the future https://wsnewspublishers.com/cat....
Desert Milo
Orion Star is a thrilling gaming app that offers an extensive selection of exciting and engaging games for players to enjoy on their mobile devices. With its user-friendly interface and diverse range of games, Orion Stars has quickly become a popular choice for gamers of all ages and skill levels.
xtrem point
The bassinet, a cozy haven for our little ones, serves as a comforting space where they can rest and sleep peacefully. To enhance their comfort, some parents opt to use baby heating pads to keep the bassinet or crib warm, adding an extra layer of coziness for their precious bundle of joy. While it's important to prioritize safety and follow guidelines when using heating pads, when used responsibly, they can contribute to creating a snug and inviting environment for babies. Movies often portray this aspect, showcasing parents who go the extra mile to ensure their baby's comfort and warmth https://pickbassinet.com/best-ba....