What has been your most memorable "learning moment" in your career?

Hannah Wright
3 replies
Working in the start-up space, I am constantly learning. However, there are some realizations or discoveries that I feel hit me like a ton of bricks and are more substantial and permanent than others. I had a realization a few weeks ago that I was not going to be able to market our product successfully across every single channel. I have heard this many times before and always knew it to be true but I had to really smack my head against the wall a few times before it sunk in. What are your top learning moments?

Replies

ali ata
Dear Hannah, I have a memory of my school life. In the geometry lesson, I observed that there are many ways to solve the problem through many questions. This process taught me very well that there is no only way to achieve success.
Vio Vanica
In terms of mindset, don’t go into these discussions looking for customers. It creates a needy vibe and forfeits the position of power. Instead, go in search of industry and customer advisors. You are just trying to find helpful, knowledgeable people who are excited about your idea.
Tasnuva Ashraf Umama
I once had to face a manager who had serious communication issues. I learnt how to communicate in a very detailed manner because of having to face this guy .