What don't you love about the website builders you've already tried?

Alexey Shashkov
11 replies
I just want to understand what people don't like about the website building platforms they use.

Replies

Volkan Kaya
Lack of uniqueness + ease of use. The easier it is to use the more template based it is. That is why I built https://versoly.com/, the reason it is different is it is block based. That allows you to create a site around your content and not the other way.
Alexey Shashkov
@volkandkaya Hi Volkan! Thanks for your reply! Versoly focuses more on pre-designed building blocks than full templates, right?
Volkan Kaya
@shashcoffe Correct, we did end up adding templates (just our blocks). As certain customers liked them and it gave them a feel of what the platform can do. There are many approaches a website builder can take. All the way from https://carrd.co/ that is a simple one page all the way to headless CMSs powered by code.
Nick Ippolito
A very interesting question. Personally I’ve had very bad experiences with Wordpress the mix of incompatible 3rd party plugins. Webflow is great but far to many options making is very slow and hard to micro manage ever little thing. Squarespace is my preferred option as a web designer but lacks design and animation features as well as device control. That why I started SquareKicker last year, an intuitive no-code Design and Animation extension for Squarespace Websites. SquareKicker is a visual builder that allows designers to take their Squarespace site to the next level without having to touch a single line of code. Interested to see what you think about it. SquareKicker.com
Alexey Shashkov
@nick_ippolito1 Hi Nick! Interesting. It's good that you started to work on SquareKicker based on your own problem as a designer! I didn't know about your product. Saved for testing soon. Thanks for sharing it.
Janinah
Platform = Webflow Problem = Struggling to find in their tutorials anything about Terms & Conditions - So if anyone has any resources please let me know.
Alexey Shashkov
@janinah Howdy, Janinah! Do you mean you can't find how to create a page with good Terms & Conditions on Webflow for your project, right?
Janinah
@shashcoffe Yeah as in a resource on creating a Terms & Conditions page should be included within the platform's tutorials.
Alexey Shashkov
@janinah Totally agree with you, Janinah.
Rahul Jain
I have tried Wix & Wordpress. Things I don't like: 1. If you're not a designer, then leaving the template becomes very hard. So, all the dynamic functionality where you can change colors, text styles etc. go for a waste. 2. If you want to pull data from a db/cms to enable conditional logic, it is a pain. Website builders are good for portfolios and landing pages. But, anything that might need conditional logic, user based personalisation the problem is still wide open for a no code platform to solve. 3. Enabling any sort of realtime functionality is an issue. In my previous startup we were building a tool for travel content creators to launch their booking sites. Almost all no code platforms were not able to handle the realtime pricing & availability constraints associated with travel industry.
Alexey Shashkov
@rahul_2992 What an awesome reply, Rahul! Thank you!