What does entrepreneur/entrepreneurship mean to you?

Pierre Kraus
77 replies
To me, entrepreneur is who has the ability to discover and create, while bearing the risk of earning a non-fixed income. Let me know your thoughts!

Replies

Michael Silber
Someone who creates new streams of business value that is disconnected from existing revenue generation
Pierre Kraus
@livecricketmatchtoday Definitely need to have the ability to attract people and build relationship with them.
Pierre Kraus
@greta_zem Influencer personality might not be the best term to use but being able to build and grow a community requires to convince people to try and use your product or embrace your vision and follow your journey.
Stanleigh Heisner
For me, entrepreneurship isn't just an opportunity to get rich. I've always believed that entrepreneurs are people who aren't afraid to take risks. Many people in financial trouble will never get out of it because they are afraid to invest in a new business. Such people think they are bound to lose. And believing in yourself, in your business, and the opportunity to earn more differentiates entrepreneurs from losers who are afraid of their own shadow! Of course, every entrepreneur who comes to the business makes mistakes and gets burned out on something, but he doesn't give up. I don't hesitate to ask procurement consultancy to financial consultants or ask questions about the law to lawyers. After all, this means that I have a great future.
Ruben Wolff
Each entrepreneur can have their own very different definition, but I'd say an entrepreneur is someone who decides not to follow the conventional path professionally and who don't directly let themselves depend on someone else. Their don't necessarily work on their own project but they are still in charge of organizing their work and everything that comes with it
Aleksandra Vukovic
@rubenwolff to me, this factor of independence was a reason for starting my own business.
Pierre Kraus
@rubenwolff @aleksandra_vukovic it is true that entrepreneur doesn't respond to a single definition depending on the person but going off the beaten track to seek independence seems to be a common denominator!
Abderisak
@rubenwolff I like that definition, particularly the focus on being independent with respect to other people/employers.
Aleksandra Vukovic
Entrepreneurs are optimistic problem-solvers who see and seize opportunities.
Kevin Hon Chi Hang
Entrepreneurship, for me, is to build something that can contribute and push the industry forward. That's why we create Alphabag Deck that has a vision of building the common language for the making world. https://www.kickstarter.com/proj...
Pierre Kraus
@honkevin According to Kizner, entrepreneurship is: "The job of correcting misallocations by specializing in the discovery of missed opportunity.".
Debajit Sarkar
Selling. An entrepreneur is a person who is selling something. If he is not selling something he is not an entrepreneur.
Pierre Kraus
@dsarkar Even though I believe that an entrepreneur encompasses a variety of actions, selling is essential for the survival of an entrepreneur!
ᗰROSE🌹©️
Entrepreneurship is the ability to build and sell something that could be useful to make the lifes of humanity as easy as it could be and could help promote growth within the community 🙌
Diana Voronec
It's an obsession and a lifestyle. When you have your idea you are finding reasons and confirmations to create it daily.
Pierre Kraus
@dvoroneca Entrepreneurship definitely takes a different mindset. Growing your product takes a daily grind and constant self-questioning to move forward.
Ageless Glow Skin
A entrepreneur is who has his Own business beside he/she generate other peoples work on his platform
Marko Krčmar
A freedom to be creative and learn more about myself :)
Pierre Kraus
@marko_krcmar Agree! The limitless opportunities to create within the scope of the problem you're trying to solve is what makes it so exciting and challenging! And you also learn a ton about yourself especially when facing adversity.
Marko Krčmar
@pierre_kraus 100%. Glad to see someone else also seeing that benefits (challenging for sure) of entrepreneurship
Alexey Shashkov
Pretty good question, Pierre. 💪🙂 To me, the entrepreneur is one who really wants to build a high-growth, high-intensity, high-risk startup and who want to push forward. Who wants to raise venture capital, to hire a bunch of people, to just really go for it. Whose goal is to take the company public and who is okay taking lots of risks along the way to get there.
Aleksandra Vukovic
@shashcoffe There are many entrepreneurs who are successful in their communities, providing jobs to people, without having high-risk, high-intensity startups.
Pierre Kraus
@shashcoffe Thanks man! Building, growing at high intensity while bearing all the risks define accurately entrepreneurship and it's also sometimes nerve wrecking ahah. It's the beauty of it when you hire people that share a common vision with you about your product/company.
Alex Rudenko
entrepreneurship it is synonymous with "No limits"
Pierre Kraus
@alex_rudenko1 Love it! You need a mindset that is able to see what cannot be seen to push the limits.
Schar Donald
WORK WORK WORK WORK AND MORE WORK
Dillon Peterson
It means living your Dharma: Doing something you like, that you are good at, that is of value to others.
Shikhapi Opc Pvt Ltd
a finding out of the best way to reach a desired result or a correct solution by trying out one or more ways or means and by noting and eliminating errors or causes of failure
Pierre Kraus
@intoxication very interesting perspective. I recently came across a quote of Elon Musk: " Outcomes are usually not deterministic, they’re probabilistic. But we don’t think that way. The popular definition of insanity—doing the same thing over and over & expecting a different result— that’s only true in a highly deterministic situation. If you have a probabilistic situation, which most situations are, then if you do the same thing twice, it can be quite reasonable to expect a different result.".
Eden Tadesse
Being an agent of change, being authentic and courageous, being a risk taker
Pierre Kraus
@indothopian Yes! "Being authentic and courageous", very true. You need authenticity to build genuine relationship with your team & users and courage to face situations outside of your comfort zone, as well as keep on going even though you might not always see progress in your journey.
Michael Roth
The ability to actually build something people want and then launch it.
KAUSHIK CH
According to me Entrepreneurship is a journey to find your best deep roots of your mind. Creating Value to the society by solving through our skills.