What do you think will be the most impactful trends for the creator economy in 2022?

Fajar Siddiq
62 replies
I saw Remote Work, Web3, No-code, Community & Content creation is growing currently. What app or software will be helpful for makers to earn money for their side-hustle in the creator's economy?

Replies

Lisa Dziuba
Btw, I'm writing an article on the same topic right now :) but more with no-code focus
Fajar Siddiq
@lisadziuba that will be great ;) you can include me too haha. Keep focusing!
Rishi Mohan
I'm up for seeing more tools and apps being created with JAMstack, since there's no entry barrier for devs to get started, Vercel, Netlify, Supabase, Next.js, Nuxt, Svelte etc. have made it easier. It was never this easy to build something :)
Joshua Dance
@qaplen I agree, but disagree with the word 'no entry barrier'. The entry barrier is learning to program and learning to use those tools. Much easier than spinning up your own servers, etc, but learning to code is still a large task for a lot of people.
Rishi Mohan
@joshdance Yeah you're right, it still means learning the tech but if you know it there's literally zero reasons you cannot get started with building something awesome. You can build and scale an app to a decent users for free at this point of time. Haven't been in no-code side so not sure how's the grass on that side :)
Fajar Siddiq
@qaplen 💯 yes, if we can build it with low-code/no-code and better tutorials, ready made templates that is ready to be a product like SaaS will be good!
Farokh Shahabi
I think the rise of no-code developers will be big and no-code platforms especially the ones with collaboration, like Notion (New doc), Formaloo (New database), Miro (New Powerpoint) & Airtable (New Excel) will be the center of attention
Blake Rouse
@farokh_shahabi The rising Gen Z no-code entrepreneurs will be a large industry. There will be a lot of open APIs integrating with no-code solutions here soon
Sagar
@farokh_shahabi Totally agree with you on this - rise of no-coders :)
Fajar Siddiq
@farokh_shahabi I hope there will be more open source no-code tools.
Farokh Shahabi
@fajarsiddiq Me too! Also more open platforms that everyone can add cool stuff to them.
Lisa Dziuba
We will see more and more community-driven companies and focus from big companies on community, as well more open SDKs/APIs/development ecosystem to empower makers to create something with tools. Think of Figma plugin ecosystem
Sagar
@lisadziuba communities are killing it these days and will be the future of companies :)
Fajar Siddiq
@lisadziuba Yes AGREE! Figma Plugin Ecosystem 💯
Pablo Palmitas
I think whatever it is, it will definitely be impacted by the pandemic and the negative effects it has on the economies worldwide
Fajar Siddiq
@pablo_palmitas Yes, what will be for the eco-system in digital space?
Joshua Dance
Increased focus on building and sustaining communities.
Fajar Siddiq
@joshdance What tool you recommend to improve focus on building & communities?
Joshua Dance
@fajarsiddiq Discord is a natural choice for many but it is not easy to use. And the thread interace is terrible. FB Groups is still a good choice when starting. The fact that there is not a go-to tool speaks to the opportunity in the market, but also the unique needs of different communities.
NotesbyHugh
I keep reading and hearing about the trend to start small (this is not new but gaining a lot of traction off the back of the book the - The Minimalist Entrepreneur - that was released this year). I'm excited to see where it heads but the trend is calling for makers to start as small as possible by bringing value through a niche or curated product. This combined with common Lean Startup Methods, I think we'll see a boom of makers producing micro-goods/services that deliver a ton of value! Gumroad as a platform is positioned very well to serve this market and trend. Just my two cents!
Sagar
@hugh_dawkins The Minimialist Entrepreneur book is awesome & starting sustainable business is the best way to start up!!
Fajar Siddiq
@hugh_dawkins Love that book! yes market and trend by Gumroad is 💯
Trey Chong
One of the trends creators must not ignore is AI and machine learning, we are already using that on InstantLogo for logo design, it's working quite well. on the lower design requirement.
Fajar Siddiq
@treychong Looking good, will there be something like a plugin to work around Figma?
Fajar Siddiq
@yusuke2424 is there example of this use case people use Admobs and on how to earn money with this? Currently looking at: https://admob.google.com/home/
Aditya Sher
I feel it will be DAO's in one way or the other, get paid based on initiative you take and value your provide instead of hours you put in. Freelancing but better!
Sagar
@aditya_sher Totally agree with you!! Have started volunteering with a DAO, not paid yet, but really like the governance structure & community part of it :)
Fajar Siddiq
@aditya_sher Any links more info about DAO and what it can do with it? like an article on how to use it?
Aditya Sher
@fajarsiddiq this might help get started: https://consensys.net/blog/block... IMO We will see an increase in art/ agency based DAOs where a random group of people just come, pick up stuff from a to do, get paid for the value of work and go back to rest and come back whenever they feel like, no pressure
Komal Narwani
Tools that encourage connectivity between disparate sources of data, we made a tool for every job to be done, I believe we'll be seeing more tools on how to aggregate jobs to be done.
Fajar Siddiq
@komalnarwani Yes! this is good too, so work gets done better
Graeme
privacy first, accessibility first, decentralised platforms ✨
Fajar Siddiq
@graeme_fulton yes! definitely it is. This is what i like
Jerome Tse
It seems that most of the replies focus on no code and web3. I still think there is a really large untapped space for content creation. Especially audio and quick content. Audio content --> trends like Clubhouse + Spotify focusing on podcast Quick content --> YouTube Shorts/ TikTok If there is a way to combine both it would be awesome, i.e. bite-sized audio content. This gives quick dopamine to content consumer + a more effective way to unds information. It is also a good way for content creator to focus on making quality content too.
Fajar Siddiq
@tsejerome yes, shorts, tiktok, reels (monetize) - live gifts as well. Collecting tip from clubhouse, twitter as well. Thanks for sharing this!
Mitchell Orme
I think that we're about to see a low-cost VR headset that will make the Metaverse far more accessible. As great as the Occulus Quest 2 is fantastic, many people will be put off by the pricetag. Once the Metaverse is properly mainstream, we will have a new playground to play in, and all sorts of trends will appear!
Fajar Siddiq
@mitchell_orme this is exciting! would love to get a low cost VR headset
Alex Papageorge
Web3. I feel no code was 2020/2021, but recently it's been all about Web3. + Web3 allows for makers of all sorts, including video game play to earn 🎮
Fajar Siddiq
@alex_papageorge Have you earn any money or found something you like by doing that?
Alex Papageorge
@fajarsiddiq Absoluty. Big fan of axie (although I think it was just a first time mover), but mostly sandbox. I'm exited for Bloktopia though.
Kamal Kannan
I think No Code is only getting started and can truly revolutionise how businesses and jobs are created.
Alexey Shashkov
I think AI writing assistance will be the most impactful trend for the creator economy in 2022.
Ira GI
Full-Funnel Business Outcomes Long-Term Creator Relationships Data-Driven Strategy & Advanced Measurement ‍Social Commerce TikTok
Fajar Siddiq
@ira_gi Agree 💯 I'm aware of this as well. I'm on it. I hope integration comes easier to setup for business owners and creators.
Vasilina Leushina
Such a cool question, Fajar! Thanx for posting. As I can see the biggest problem of small and midsize online creators is the cost of follower acquisition: ads are too expensive, growing subscribers on socials require tons of content, and again it's expensive. So I expect the rise of the tools offering more effective ways to collect audience: such a Substack or (my own) Surfaces.One. Gathering email subscribers is much cheaper and you need to prepare content just once per week, not twice per day :)
Fajar Siddiq
@vasilina_leushina You're most welcome! ;) I agree, with social media things can get overwhelming when producing content on a consistent level. You're doing great collecting emails and growing audience! You can create in all kinds of mediums: - video content like reels, tiktoks, youtube, twitch livestream, playlist series. - audio content like podcasts, live audio twitter spaces, clubhouse - writing content like newsletters, tweets, status 1. Audience: who needs help? 2. Problem: what do they need help with? 3. Product: this solves the problem for my audience! 4. Success!