What do you think about zero code?

Michael Bogdanowicz
14 replies
As designer I like tools for creating websites like readymag.com or tilda.cc. At this services designer can implement his idea without code. But I have big doubts about creating something as complex as a service on platforms like bubble.io. What is your opinion?

Replies

Uku Kudu
Zero code website builders are very good. For example Elementor. And you can make a very good MVP web app with zero code. But version 1.0 with zero code is hard. Or your idea has to be simple. Like Airbnb. 😇
Greg Z
For something simple (like developing an MVP or a prototype of your future service) you can use "no-code" frameworks and services such as tilda.cc, bubble, airtable, etc. But they're not suitable for comprehensive and complex projects since they're poorly customizable and limited to some particular pre-coded actions and flows.
Michael Bogdanowicz
@gregz Thanks! Yes I think it is just for very simple things
Liam Smith
@gregz @mikhail_bogdanovich Hi can suggest using mockswitch.com to creating quick mock server and has been very useful in creating product demos. try it out
Isaac Ng
I’m currently building a knowledge community called Tinyask (https://tinyask.co) for people building nonlinear careers. Users learn through audio Q&As and tiny cohorts. Completely built on Bubble. We’ve had software developers and engineers tell us they never knew a Bubble app could look that nice. So yes, depending on what you want to build, I think NC can be very powerful!
Edward G
No code is great for most people's needs like a basic website which is what many websites are. No need to hire an expensive web developer where a drag and drop approach will fit the bill. More advanced projects like some kind of SaaS will definitely require coding skills.
Brandon Thimmesch
@edward_g I completely agree! It always comes down to the complexity of the custom functionality wanted. A basic website is almost always fine using pre-built tools. I would also add technical SEO optimization to the list of things that might be worth paying more for. When approached about simple projects, I always try to give good alternatives if I think it would be in their best interest for a cheaper, more straightforward option =)
Josephine Considine
Many people believe that large-scale enterprise app development is too complex for a zero-code approach, but business processes are actually universal.LiteBlue
Pablo Fatas
On the fence about it. No code is in reality just code but simplified. You get an easier “language” to work in but a lot less options. If you’re looking at building a landing page or something simple than its really good. But for anything important or a product then I don’t think its sufficient
Janinah
Not heard of readymag 🤔 Intended on using Webflow to build my site, but may look into this instead
Oliver Kraftman
It's also great as a first version of a product because of it's speed and cost-effectiveness compared to full-stack bespoke development, so even if you have to throw it away, still makes sense as a tool for getting a product in front of users ASAP. Opening up tech entrepreneurship to more people :) We're using Bubble for our app at collate.org and it's coming together nicely. Can't wait to show the PH community :)
Khushi Sharma
Hi Mikhail, I absolutely love the idea of zero code. It helps you be creative without any restrictions. Talking about Bubble, I have created several apps using the platform, and I must say its something very easy to implement. I tried creating a social media clone, and the fun part was: I tried making the clone passwordless using Bubble Integration with SAWO. The workflows were quite easy to create, and it definitely gave me a lot of customisation options :)
Aashish Ramamurthy
I feel zero code can help you ship basic prototypes, ecommerce stores, community page, portfolio so much faster. Its a faster way to build and test your ideas. Slowly, i see zerocode transforming itself to say doing complex things like seamless authentication for your apps, design art, building great dashboards, integrate with amazing api's and sdk's. For complex projects and scalibility, i would still prefer conventional way of coding.