What do you think about remote working? What products will be best solutions for remote working?

Pranay Wankhede
5 replies
Last week Airbnb announced that its employees can work from anywhere from where they feel productive and right after that 800,000 people visited the careers page of Airbnb. This shows that people are more aligned to remote working. According to a study, there is no effect on the productivity of employees who work remotely. So what do you think will be the best solutions/products/services that will help remote employees.

Replies

Gurpinder Singh
Its good to see companies going fully remote and I think it will benefit both, company as well as employees. And yes, there is no effect on the productivity of employees working from home. In fact, I have seen improvement in productivity when I was working from home few months back. Some of the best solutions for remote working are: Slack, Zoom, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Todolist, Loom, Google Keep. All these tools will make your work easier.
Pranay Wankhede
@gurpinder_singh What do you think of virtual office platforms?
Hong Hoang
@gurpinder_singh @pranay_wankhede I think naturally remote teams are gonna find better ways to facilitate team collaboration. With the current communication tools, teams are connected but don't the sense of presence, being together in one place which I think helps with building relationship and improving brainstorming sessions. A couple of teams have launched really cool virtual office tools: Gather Town, Horizon Workrooms, etc. Our team at Rove will have our PH launch tomorrow and I believe our product can also facilitate a more in-person, immersive and interactive virtual workplace. Check it out: https://www.producthunt.com/upco...
Siena Romes
Remote working has really worked for me and our company. We mainly use Trello, RumbleTalk, Google Docs, Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Meet, Skype, and Clockify. These tools help us to be productive and in touch with each other.
Pranay Wankhede
@siena_romes That's great. What do you think of platform which provide virtual office space with all kind of communication and interactivity?