What do you think about a website builder on top of Notion using pre-built building blocks?

Alexey Shashkov
10 replies
Hey Founders and Makers, I need your help in validating my current idea. Can you share your thoughts about it? The idea A no-code website builder for founders and makers that allows building websites on top of Notion using pre-built building blocks. The idea is to let Notion do the content management grunt work, combined with the relatively flexible but template-driven approach to website creation. How it works 1. Build your website in a visual builder with pre-built building blocks or templates. 2. Plugin your created website to your Notion for synchronization website data with Notion. 3. Manage website data entirely in Notion. Let Notion do the content management grunt work. 4. Change the design of your website in the visual builder, and the website data will be synced up with your Notion automatically. Who wants it – Founders and makers using Notion. They would be comfortable managing their website content from their favorite Notion. – It would be comfortable for teams too that use Notion in their work to co-manage their website content. What's the problem, and how is it solving now? The startup's website usually is made of different solutions. And managing this website is very hard and time-consuming for most people. – Main page and landing page based on Webflow, Wix, Squarespace, Tilda, etc. – Docs and Help base on Docusarius or default Notion. – Blog based on WordPress. – Public Roadmap based on Canny or something like that. – Changelog base on another one solution, etc. What are the key differences between the new product and the existing solution? Founders and makers would be glad to have and manage all pieces of the website in one place, especially if it would be their familiar Notion. Product’s magic is the concept of pre-built building blocks (heroes, features, CTAs, payments, etc.) and business logic to handle most of the heavy lifting on behalf of the website creator. When using blocks and templates… 70% of the work is already done for the user. Out of the box, the product offers templates for anything from a simple landing page to a full-blown marketing website and more. Those websites can include subsites like documentation, help, guides, blog, changelog, public roadmap, showcase, etc. Product has zero learning curve and can literally be used by anyone without a tech background, as it abstracts away all the technical aspects and focuses the user on product building and content, rather than technology. In addition, the product connects to popular services like Stripe, PayPal, Mailchimp, Zapier, Integromat, Hotjar, Google Analytics, HubSpot, Drift, and others. What do you think about it?

Replies

Veer Dosi
Typedream is so similar to this
Alexey Shashkov
@veerdosi Yes) And I really like Typedream. Do you use it, Veer?
Alexey Shashkov
@veerdosi Great! What did you use before Typedream? Why Typedream?
Aditya
I love the way you structure your ideas 🔎 I've had the pleasure to see many products which aim to target the core problem mentioned by you. Here are some of them: https://www.producthunt.com/sear... My personal favourites are Super (https://www.producthunt.com/post...) and Potion (https://www.producthunt.com/post...). One thing I still feel these tools lack to some extent, is to provide integrations and utility beyond just a simple landing page. I'm hoping your product will be able to make advancements on that front. All the best :)
Alexey Shashkov
@adityavsc Oh, thank you so much, Aditya! It's so surprising and pleasant to get your comment. 🙏 Thank you for highlighting the lack of existing Notion-based builders. I love Super and Potion. Both products inspired me. I really want to build something disruptive in this area. Your comment is so helpful for me. Thx again! 🙌🙂