What do you prefer while using any SaaS product- Reading Documentation Or Watching Userguide Videos?

ankita singh
9 replies
Tell me the reason for your preference?

Replies

Ng Fang Kiang
I use both. Documentation + userguide videos. Go deeper and faster with documentation but using userguide videos when stuck on something.
Kavya
Depends on the product - sometimes it helps to have detailed documentation if I want to refer to it at my own pace, especially if there are several steps involved. Videos are useful if it's a quick tour that doesn't require my involvement in every step.
Elena Cirera
Both have their importance; Videos are good for quick skimming, while documentation is suitable for diving deep.
Nick
Userguide videos (Interactive, if possible). However, there are some things which are always best suited as a list. I have never been able to rule out one of these. So for me, it goes hand in hand with a little bias for videos (I am more inclined towards videos and only essential docs/ checklists).
Adrien Velter
I definitely prefer tutorial videos !
Shreya Negandhi
I believe user guide videos will help the users and ease the process for them!
Pradeepa Somasundaram
Ultimately, combining both approaches allows you to take advantage of their respective strengths and learning styles. Reading documentation provides detailed information and quick reference while watching user guide videos offers visual demonstrations and practical examples. This hybrid learning approach can enhance your overall understanding and proficiency with the SaaS product.