What do you lack in your website builder? What's a big pain point?

Alexey Shashkov
8 replies
Hi startup founders and product makers! You have your websites built with website building solutions. What do you lack in your current website builder? What's the big pain point for you putting or managing a landing page/blog/docs etc.? - Maybe a variety and flexibility of prebuilt blocks? - Page load times? - CMS? - SEO? - Adding custom scripts (for analytics, chats, payments, etc.)? - Can be taken out of a system (e.g. html/js/css export)? Can you jump in comments and share some thoughts?

Replies

Alexander Moen
For me, I use the Wordpress theme named Divi quite a lot and it is great. However, it is a bit slower on load times than other options out there. On the flip side, there are speedy options, but they do not provide the look and feel and flexibility of Divi. But, I don't know if it's a big enough pain point for me to consider switching, or if it's possible for you to swoop in and match the depth of options and the speediness of load times against bigger competitors out there.
Alexey Shashkov
@alexander_moen Alexander, thanks for your comment. Well, you don’t seem to have a problem building a WordPress site, do you?
Alexander Moen
@shashcoffe speed optimization without compromising the other capabilities already in place is the largest "problem" I have with my WordPress sites currently, but I don't know if it's a large enough annoyance to switch to something else, because those other capabilities are pretty great. Hopefully that makes sense.
Alexey Shashkov
@alexander_moen Alexander, all the thoughts make sense. Thank you so much!
Tyler Dane
I've used Wix a lot, and customizing it is intimidating. I'm sure their Velo product works, but it seems like too much work
Alexey Shashkov
@tyhitzeman Hey Ty, totally agree with you. What do you use instead of Wix today? How did you solve this problem? Did you find an easier tool than Wix?
Alexey Shashkov
@tyhitzeman Hey Ty, Why Wix? Why do you love it?