What do you consider crucial for your employee experience

Frederik Veyrie
16 replies
hi! i wanna know what tool/metrics or anything you consider crucial in order to have the best remote experience for your employees

Replies

Seraina Silja Hürlimann
I learned that the human element is often missing - real people, real voices: Hearing from your teammates or leadership personally (also at scale) is crucial to building a remote employee experience that people feel. How do you do it?
Frederik Veyrie
@serainasilja i agree. people will always need human connection. Giving genuine recognition is also super important in my opinion ✌️
Seraina Silja Hürlimann
@frederikdv Spot on! Genuine recognition is what we call "Be heard at Work." We see teams and companies do this with Employee Voices — interviewing their people for their internal company podcast! 🤩 Do you have another example for giving genuine recognition?
Jim Treinen
@serainasilja Agree, there is no tool-based substitute for actual human interaction, either in-person, or via something like zoom!
Seraina Silja Hürlimann
@jtreinen Have you tried any asynchronous ways? Or does "live" work best in your experience?
Aaron O'Leary
I think it's a mix of: - Tools to make communication easier (Slack, Zoom, Yac, A transcription service) - Tools that foster employee connections (Donut) - Tools that make it easy to take time off (Roots PTO) - Documentation hubs (Notion) I might be missing some here but I feel with all of that I could work pretty nicely!
Launching soon!
I consider effective communication and listening the most crucial element for better employee experience.
Zia Ullah
A sense of purpose is a critical factor in a positive employee experience.
Zeeshan Yousaf
Flexibility around when work gets done is extremely important to the modern worker.
Giuseppe Di Nuccio
Collaboration and effectiveness/productivity are the main drivers. From my experience, here the what's mandatory: - Conf. Call & Meeting Tools >> Microsoft Teams is the most widely used, since it allows calls, chat, cross-organization communications, data sharing, meetings support, etc. - Meeting Transcription Software, possibly Real-Time captioning, in order to save time and effort from the overwhelming number of meetings and be more precise in taking notes and transcripts from the calls. One Transcriber (onetranscriber.com) is one I would recommend as an example. - Documents Sharing, co-working, uploading, and publishing: here Atlassian's Confluence and Jira are the most complete - Tasks and activities management for Agile working: again Jira is the best to pick
Daniel Engels
adequate communication, clear career perspectives and opportunities for learning and internal promotions, management's accountability.
Aleks Dahlberg
A sense of ownership over the projects they are building
Maya Ben Zid
For me, the most important things are: - Meaningful work - Strong culture - making sure I know and feel comfortable around other people on the team - Learning opportunities - Transparent communication with the management
Bhavna Singh
I have a team of around 20 smart people working with me, I believe listening to the opinions of the employees and giving the credit for the work is most important which keeps the momentum of employees going. @Frederik Veyrie what do you think?