What data sources are you using most often?

Wojtek Krzciński
13 replies
Hey, Short introduction. Raport allows you to analyze data from multiple sources in one dashboard. Right now you can connect data from Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google AdSense, MongoDB, PostgreSQL. We want to add more integrations. That's why I want to ask. What data sources are you using most often? If not listed, please write in comments. Thank you!

Replies

Iris Park
I remember taking a data analysis course and our professor made us gather and analyze data from Twitter. I don't use Twitter, and if I could, I would gather data from Instagram & other kinds of social media.
Iris Park
@wojtek_krzcinski Love your plan. Just out of curiosity, why don't you like the idea of the metaverse thing? I don't use it either, but I heard it is a thing, so :)
Iris Park
Which makes me just think, can we gather data on metaverses too? Like Zepeto.
Wojtek Krzciński
@iris_park To be honest, we didn't go into the metaverse thing. Neither of us likes the idea of this. But adding Instagram and other social media is definitely something we plan on doing. We think people who are using social media to promote their business or build personal brands would appreciate a tool that makes it easier to analyze their performance.But that is something we're trying to validate right now.
Wojtek Krzciński
@iris_park The biggest reason is that people are already hooked on technology and for me, going into virtual reality instead of just being present is a horrible vision. Even grown ups (including myself) have trouble disconnecting from the internet. And kids are super vulnerable for such things. That's why putting them and us in some virtual reality is something I would prefer not to imagine. The impact on human relationships and brains would be unprecedented.
Iris Park
@wojtek_krzcinski Yeah, virtual reality is a controversial issue. Totally agree with you. I was curious because in Korea, VR is a huge thing, but I think it's something we have to think before we act :) Thanks for your perspective!
Carsten Pleiser
Stripe and product data from own API are the primary sources. Other may be added as we scale our marketing.
Wojtek Krzciński
@ckpleiser Thank you for the answer 👌🏻So you're pretty minimalistic when it comes to data sources?
Carsten Pleiser
It depends on how you define minimalistic. For us, understanding product behaviour is quite key, and we'll need to add more data sources in the future when we scale up. We use Rudderstack at the moment for data piping into tools like Intercom & Co.
Wojtek Krzciński
@ckpleiser By minimalistic I meant that you "only" use Stripe and product data from own API. But now I see that you also use Rudderstack. It looks something like Segment. Do you think Raport can add value to your business now or in the future? I will appreciate feedback :)
Carsten Pleiser
@wojtek_krzcinski Rudderstack is like the open source version of Segment.