What collaboration tool do you use to manage team work?

Umana Rafiq
42 replies
Would like to know about the collaboration tools you use to manage teams and your experience with them.

Replies

Kazimieras Melaika
We're using Clickup and Slack to manage all the tasks in our team. Works great for us! Btw, we’re launching in late April or the start of May. Check out our upcoming PH page: www.producthunt.com/upcoming/eff... Our project is called: Effecto. It’s an app for detailed health tracking. Pretty much for everything that is related to your physical or mental health and every daily factor that can affect you.
Adventurous-Green420
I've tried a couple. Click Up, Asana, Jira, and Trello. The best one I've tried is Asana.
Dylan Merideth
@legonaidas What was less favorable about clickup,jira, and trello? Why do you favor asana?
Umana Rafiq
@legonaidas yeah i think I'd favor Jira here. you can also try our product that is @tixioapp, not entirely for project manager but a simple one to manage your daily work with team
Dylan Merideth
notion, slack, github desktop
Dylan Merideth
has been great- notion could be replaced with google office but I like notion as a personal preference for smaller companies, google gets plenty of revenue off of my usership
Umana Rafiq
@dylan_merideth I agree, notion is what I have been using for a long time now. It's pretty convenient to go with
Amy Ellis
We use Aha! and Slack and that's pretty much it. Almost all of our collaboration happens in Aha! (which makes sense because we are Aha!). Product & Marketing use Aha! Roadmaps and our developers use Aha! Develop so we take advantage of the collaborative editing, comments, to-dos etc. Its nice having everything in one place especially rather than trying to remember where a conversation was happening.
Paul VanZandt
We mainly use Slack to communicate and manage projects, and our team uses Asana to facilitate those tickets, etc. For real-time collaboration, we mainly use Fresco (frescopad.com) which is the product we're launching in the next two weeks. If you want to use a real-time collaboration tool you should check it out!
Umana Rafiq
@paul_vanzandt All the best for fresco. Hope it booms with users. We've got a similar product @tixioapp that works as a workspace based tool for all your small tasks and collaboration. It's simple and minimal, do check it out as well :D
Luka Vasic
We use notion. A week ago we created a company-wide notion for all things content. So everything from blogs, posts, and visuals are there in one database filtered into personal databases.
Umana Rafiq
@luka_vasic Nice! We've been using Notion for our team collaboration for a long time now. It's been a savior. With few additional features we've recently upgraded our own product @tixioapp which we've shifted our entire team now - from commenting to sharing and team collaboration, we're now being able to do it all with Tixio. You can give it a try! and let me know where we can improve.
Sean Song
At Sugr, we use Lark, the collaboration tool from Bytedance. We are pretty much building our company based on Lark. I'm wondering if anyone would be interested about this: building a startup based on Lark, lessons, stories and templates.
Umana Rafiq
@seansong Yeah I'd be very much interested in this. Have you integrated Sugr with Lark? We've been looking for a similar integration for our tool @tixioapp . Do let me know please..
Andrei Tulai
At Sonero, we use Slack for fast collaboration, Jira for overall task management.
Umana Rafiq
@andrei_tulai Same here, we rely on slack, jira, monday (for some teams) and notion! recently we've shifted our entire team to our own built app @tixioapp to replace notion and so far we think if it can replace our needs then it can be called a success :D give it a try as well
Concha Tiedemannson
@andrei_tulai From how much time you are using slack and whats you experience with it. Because I want to shift toward it my team of https://apkreservoir.com/real-ra... is increasing day by day so I have to shift toward better option.
Deepa from True Sparrow
For us it is Slack, Linear and Notion.
Umana Rafiq
@shahdeepa haven't used Linear yet. But gonna try it since you've mentioned. We've recently shifted to Tixio for our team work. We've been building this for a long time, and now we think we're ready to roll the dice!
Umana Rafiq
@inam_from_outgrow indeed most people are using Asana. though I think it's a bit complicated for new members of team who hasn't have experience on similar tools, what do you think?
Shreya R Nambiar
Slack for communication, Trello for project management, Google office suite for content collaboration, and sometimes Miro. We recently started using Asana for managing our editorial calendar.
Umana Rafiq
@shreya_r_nambiar Nice to hear it! Will try it too - Asana for editorial calendar. However I think Miro is very cool in terms of collaboration. Recently we've shifted to Tixio, our own-built tool that we've been working on for a long time! It's pretty simple, you can try it too. It has a cool wiki feature that can be of a real help
Adriel Cruz
Here's what I've been using: Skype, Google Meet, Slack - communication Trello, Clickup - task management
Xavier Colomés
Hi! At @localboss we are a team of 2 and we use Jira, I guess that it's because we come from the larger startups world. We've tried clickup, Monday and more... but, while we are not crazy about Jira, it's still the best solution for us. For comms slack, as everyone else. I love the Jira integration, just typing "/jira create" you can start a ticket from slack.
Launching soon!
Instead of reinventing the wheel, we use proven collaboration tools like Google Docs. Office communication is streamlined, and editing and revising phases are made flat.
Arun Pariyar
Slack, Google Meet, Notion, Github and Miro 🚀
Marius S.
As you can see in the comments, alot of people are using various software to get the job done. That's why we focused on making the Zenkit Suite (https://zenkit.com/) as powerful as possible. While every app can be used on it's own, you're able to connect project management with powerful ganttcharts, the Zenchat messaging app and integrated to do lists. This way we don't have to switch around with different apps, we have all we need in one place. That's why we've not only developed Zenkit, but we're using it on a daily basis in our international team. 🙂
Lindsey Bly
I love Notion for personal notes but honestly haven't had a great time using it for collaboration (maybe someone can share tips!). We've recently brought on Asana and it's been a game changer! Just don't over complicate - I used it at a past company and never touched it because it was just way too overwhelming in there.
Doug
discord has overtaken slack for casual team communication
Rich Watson
Discord. The idea originally started with a Discord bot, after it gaining solid traction we decided to turn it into a full web & mobile app. Our development team came together on Discord so it just came natural to use it for managing, assigning tasks, and communicating. We have a notion of all the features & functions that need to be worked on, but we mainly pin messages of what we're each working on and what's priority or next to do. I imagine mostly everyone that has a similar process uses Slack. Right now all of our users are from Discord so it just makes sense.