What breakthrough technology advancements will you see during your lifetime?

Nishith from True Sparrow
41 replies

Replies

Martina Hackbartt
I think I'll get to see lots of AI advancements, electric and self-driven cars, and many more I cannot even imagine! I'm only 19 so I still have so many years ahead haha
Andrii Kpyto
Internet speed, mobile phones, PC progress, display resolution, name it :)
@kpyto that's quite a list. What's more to come?
Atul Ghorpade
space travel, 6G, hyperloop, flying cars
Jaskiran Kaur
Definitely in AI, games will be much more real-looking. I hope mobile batteries.
Bertha Kgokong
teleportation, or maybe just real fast travel would be cool
@berthakgokong I hope we are not going backwards on this. With Concorde, we could travel way faster in commercial flights even before my birth than what we can do today.
Bertha Kgokong
@nishith_shah true, but it was not safe. So i do hope we find safer ways to travel real fast, also ways that consume less energy or at least environmentally friendly energy ---- not tons and tons of gasoline for example
C S Sultan
I would like to think we will see AR technology along with 3D Holographic implementation in the near future.
Donia Ahmed
I believe technology has no limit and when we expect there is nothing more we got blown up but whats new . I don't know what we will see but super excited to see it
Anett Keresztes
Ai advancements and application within different fields.
Amarnath Nagula
I think I will show an NFT and attend a music concert instead of buying a ticket
Steph
@amarnath_nagula We hosted an auction with NFTs as tickets! 😁
@amarnath_nagula that could be way sooner than we think.
Kiran Kanakadandi (yugahq.com)
They're talking about Quantum Computing breakthroughs recently. If IBM's recent announcement. https://www.axios.com/ibm-quantu... Computer architecture, at a fundamental level hasn't changed a whole lot in decades and Quantum could dramatically change that. Like with any new technology, a "killer app" that demonstrates a tangible, real-world usage will need to be identified (like email and www for internet), but that is very early stage still.
@kirank5a We will be on a brink of apocalypse if and when Quantum Computers break all our encryption algorithms.
Shekhar Chandra
Internet access everywhere with similar speed. It will change a lot how we commute and live, IMO. Sounds like an easy or already solved problem but I believe it requires a breakthrough to actually make it happen.
Joyce Kettering
VR devices people actually wear
@joycekettering how about first a VR headset that doesn't give me a splitting headache. 😂
ᗰᗩ᙭ ᒍ.
@joycekettering How about glasses that can be AR or VR when needed!
David Abaev
Virtual worlds (kind of like in Black Mirror)
@maxwellcdavis I think we could see this by 2030. What do you think?
@nishith_shah Actually maybe 5G is the wrong name - I guess I mean internet access via satellite globally. I don't think we'll see it by 2030 - but we'll have coverage on most land mass. The seas will come after that.
Alina Ihnatiuk
Evolution of mobile phones and computers, artificial intelligence, robot technology, video and photo evolution, automotive technology, crypto art
@antonovna wondering what real evolution of mobile phones could be like? For most part, all that we are seeing since last 5+ years is simply better cameras.
Ira GI
Over the past 30 years, there have been many technical and environmental changes.))
@ira_gi Agree. Which one in particular are you most excited about?
Viacheslav Derzhaev
I don't see a lot of "blockchain" / "web3" replies here) Which only confirms that these "advancements" don't bring a lot of value to the day-to-day life of individuals.
@laumski that's an interesting interpretation.
Daniel Po
IMO we will continue going in the direction of making *everything* quicker, so things like: * Faster travel - flying higher in our atmosphere to get faster to a destination * Faster communication - mobile phones will evolve into less touch, more sound and thought (maybe not telepathy but getting there) * Medicine & physical evolution - such as covid-19 vaccinations, cancer research, and technology to help with handicaps such as blindness and deafness * Energy sources - we will probably move from gas and electricity to more hybrid types, such as more hydroelectricity and solar energy * Cosmetics - procedures and simple retouching will be constantly easier and more widely available
@daniel_pt Interesting, and glad you mentioned advancements in medicine and healthcare. Things like CRISPR gene editing are amongst the major breakthroughs of our era.
Reuben Carter
Nuclear fusion. Or anything to save us from the climate apocalypse.
Ashit Vora
Self-driving Cars, Human Clones, Brain transplant, etc.