What are your tricks of falling asleep quickly?

Pablo Palmitas
14 replies
I have been struggling with falling asleep lately with all the pre-launch stress getting to me. Do you have any proven sleep recipes (no pills obviously) :)

Replies

Anil Meena
Just keep your phone away from you and read a book!!
Pablo Palmitas
@anil_meena21 oh yes, the phone is the first sleep-taker
Bogomil Shopov - Бого
I usually visit my "happy place" untill I get asleep!
it might sound silly but I watch ASMR videos. They are somehow calm and relaxing, and they really get my brain ready to sleep in 5-10 minutes 😴
Ender
Guided meditations!
Pablo Palmitas
@enderm sounds great, I have heard so much about the positive impact of meditations, have to try it out finally
Mahak from Outgrow
listening to slow songs, thinking about the things you want to do tomorrow, writing poems, or reading a book: for me, one of these four helps me to sleep faster.
Pablo Palmitas
@mahak great tips, thanks! Have to start doing some of that
Marilyn Plummer
My trick is a patch from https://feelzing.com/blogs/news/... . It uses a proprietary waveform to stimulate nerves of the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems.
Emily Harris
Controlled deep breathing. Meditation. Visualization. Progressive muscle relaxation. Set up a 'worry time' before bed.
Nick Bess
I also usually avoid taking meds and prefer using natural ways to fall asleep (having checked the Canadian Pharmacy site and read the info about sleeping pills there, I decided not to take them). Here is what works for me: - keeping my bedroom quiet, dark, and cool at night - avoiding caffeine during the day (I can have one cup of coffee with milk early in the morning) - a walk in the evening - eating smaller meals more often and eating earlier - drinking more water - a warm bath - avoiding devices at least two hours before going to bed - reading