What are your results from using Quora as a marketing channel?

Dawn Veltri
24 replies
I am just getting started on Quora but I'm wondering about the results people have seen from Quora. Are you seeing a strong ROI? What is the best way to go about it?

Replies

Solomon Bush
+1 I am interested to see what responses you get here
Fabian Maume
Hi @dawn_veltri1. You quora profile has only one answer, so you will have to do some warm-up before including any link in your answers. You need to write at least 10 answers without links which will delay the time to result. From my experience, the key to getting results on Quora is to target the good question. I wrote an article sharing my experience on the topic: https://www.qapop.com/blog/answe... If you need some help with Quora, you can reach me out via QApop support.
Ege Yalçınkaya
@dawn_veltri1 @fabian_maume thanks for sharing this, I’ve been struggling with Quora for a while, this helped a lot! ☺️
Amanda Tunner
If you want to promote directly and hope the immediate results, Quora won't be a suitable platform. And my marketing team used to have tough experience while marketing on it. We've spent half of the year marketing on Quora and the results are nearly 40% of the answers were collapsed (some included links and some didn't) and I guess it's due to the bots' logic. Besides, some of my highly-viewed answers only returned to a few link clicks.
Fabian Maume
@amanda_tunner Collapsed answer is the main issue with Quora marketing. You mentioned that your team was using Quora: did you split your answers across several accounts?
Amanda Tunner
@fabian_maume Hi Fabrian! We had several accounts answer posts related to our industry (Email & SMS marketing) and generally, our answers are more than 150words and only include links at the end (if suitable)
Dawn Veltri
@amanda_tunner Hi Amanda! This is the kind of response I was looking for. We don't have a large team yet and we need to devote our time to activities with the highest ROI.
Amanda Tunner
@dawn_veltri1 Hey Dawn, I know how you feel and it's same to me. Quora isn't an ineffective marketing channel, somehow it isn't suitable for small team or those who are looking for instant results.
Fabian Maume
@dawn_veltri1 @amanda_tunner From my experience Quora accounts with good karma, do not have issue with collapsed answer. Once you reach the 50 answers threshold, it is quite unlikely that your question will get collapsed, even if they are short and with links. So I think it might be better to focus the answering effort on max 2 accounts. I'm still experimenting around this topic, trying to revers engineer the reasons for collapsed answers, I will share my results if I find something interesting.
Hande Yılmaz
Before using Quora I was really excited to work with it but the results are terrible! We didnt get anything :(
Daniel Obiokeke
I never knew marketing on Quora was even a thing. While I have had no attempts at it, I think it might be less effective because: - there are fewer users with very specific needs - Quora does not even make the bio area bold enough to catch users' attention
Joanna Radecka
I feel pretty the same as the rest of the people here - it's not ineffective, but still it is really hard to get any results. My team has been working on Quora for the past two months but I think we'll just give up on this channel.
Ege Yalçınkaya
In my opinion, it’s a difficult channel to use. But you can follow some topics related to your business and try to find some questions to respond from the daily email updates. Don’t recommend spending so much energy.
Bingshan Song
Lots of reads and views for our B2B business line, but not a lot of traffic or engagement. Granted, we're in B2B finance, so it's a little different, but Quora can be amazing for the right product and business - especially DTC and B2C.
Alina Ihnatiuk
I do not use this service, since my niche is not there. Based on this, I think the platform is not suitable for marketing purposes