What are your main traffic sources?

David Lauchenauer
8 replies
I'm having an issue with Indiebrands. 40-50% of our traffic is coming from Twitter. While it is great to have traffic from Twitter I feel like I have to build my own audience and create other sources of traffic. I'm currently working a lot on SEO which is already showing some results but it's an exhausting topic. Besides that, we're building our audience with a newsletter that's also helping us. But I'm super curious to hear what your main sources of traffic are? & How did you build/improve those sources?

Replies

Fabian Maume
Communities like LUNADIO could be interesting for you. I would also advice you to consider Quora & Medium.
David Lauchenauer
@fabian_maume Hey Fabian, Thanks for the reply. I've looked into Lunadio and it's quite interesting, but I'm not sure if it's the right thing for Indiebrands at the moment. I've tried quora and had some traffic, but it wasn't outstanding. Did you do it before? & Medium looks pretty interesting - It's basically a platform utilising on the concept of guest writting? Thanks for the tips!
Fabian Maume
@gmiadlich I create QApop.com to help with Quora marketing. Quora depends a lot on the target topics, I can help you make a quick audit. Medium is indeed mainly for guest posting. I have a datamining to help you identify relevant account to target if you interested.
David Lauchenauer
@rashjbp Do you have any insight in your SEO work?
Rashmi Gupta
@gmiadlich yes, to some extent. We have a digital marketer, and she is the one who takes care of these things. Some of our traffic is also from Slack and Atlassian Marketplace.
Xavier Coiffard
Hey David - big fan of IndieBrands here, I love the concept! My sources of traffic are: - Twitter - IndieHackers - Reddit - HackerNews. SEO is great but it takes time. My strategy here is to create some content on my blog, trying to bring as much value as I can - I don't care about SEO for now. I share these posts to as many acquisition channels as I can. This way I'm building my reputation while having some significant traffic. I created a Notion Dashboard that described all my strategy and helps you to do the same: UserBooster
David Lauchenauer
@angezanetti UserBooster looks super interesting. I'll take a closer look at it. Haven't yet tried out posting on HackerNews. Somehow I don't really know what valueable infos I could share there. How do you get traffic with HackerNews?