What are your key preparation tips for launching on PH?

Martina Hackbartt
21 replies
Hey hunters :) I was wondering, for those who are planning to launch soon on PH or have already launched but want to share their experience, what are the things you recommend doing before launching on PH. Any tips are welcome. Thanks for sharing!

Replies

Margarita Shvetsova
Preparing good copy (and hopefully I'll be able to write an article about our product) and getting to know the community. I used to think getting a hunter is important, but I don't anymore. Also, keeping on eye on what's working for other makers during their launch :)
Martina Hackbartt
@margarita_s88 Hi Margarita! Thank you very much for sharing. What do you exactly mean with good copy?
Margarita Shvetsova
@martina_hackbartt copy refers to text, so good copy - clear and easy-to-read text on your product page in the first place :) but website copy is also a copy (that is, your landing page text).
Lior Galante Cohen (Vaza)
Building an audience, creating content (both for social media and PH), researching relevant communities, choosing a date, preparing for launch day (writing a plan, setting a KPI, etc.). You can also launch an upcoming page using "Ship" to already start collecting subscribers!
Bertha Kgokong
@lior_galante_cohen Building an audience is important, and not only on PH. I have seen great products at the bottom of the page with no engagement. I think community makes the difference.
Martina Hackbartt
@lior_galante_cohen So many different tips! Always a pleasure to read you :) thank you for sharing
Lior Galante Cohen (Vaza)
@martina_hackbartt Gracias Martina! Buena suerte con tu proyecto!
Samantha Becker
We just launched today, and it’s been a pretty crazy journey with a lot of prep to get here. Our Ship page was pretty influential to build up buzz- but we should have started sooner. We also spent a lot of time in the product hunt community seeing how our benefits could best be presented to everyone here. We connected with a lot of people prior to the launch via zoom meetings as well- that was super valuable to hear feedback and build connections. Good luck!! We’re here to help if you need anything :)
Margarita Shvetsova
@samantha_becker1 hey Samantha, saw your launch today (actually I was one of the subscribers :D) - congratulations! Thanks for sharing your tips! When did you start your Ship page? I plan the launch in 2 weeks and thinking whether it's too late to create a Ship page now 😅 Good luck on your launch!
Samantha Becker
@margarita_s88 we did ours about two weeks out as well!! It can definitely still help, but we think it could have been more helpful to make it sooner. What really helped us with Ship was adding a banner to our homepage and offering a discount on our product. Good luck!!
Martina Hackbartt
@samantha_becker1 Hi Samantha, congrats on your launch and getting featured! Tolstoy seems pretty interesting. Also, thank you very much for sharing your advice, and how sooner do you think you should have started using ship?
Elena Obolonskaia
@samantha_becker1 I wish I read it some weeks before! We've just launched the product today and had no idea about the Ship page 😬 Thank you for sharing!
Mari Chiba
Hey Martina, We launched in August, and although we didn't get to #1, we still met our lead goals! The biggest takeaway: the importance of storytelling. We wrote more about it on our blog: https://inaccord.com/blog-posts/...
Martina Hackbartt
@rachel_levitz Sure!! the PH community can absolutely help with that :)
Britton Upchurch
Honest question: is it only worth posting something if you've done all this preparation? I've just built something that I'd like to get feedback on and see if people like; is it a no-no to just post it without preparing a campaign or anything?
Martina Hackbartt
@britton_upchurch Hi Britton! I'd love someone else to answer this question. Also, I think you should propose it as a new discussion since many other makers might have the same doubt :) I personally think that without getting involved in the community and doing some preparation, it's quite hard to get to a good position so it´s then more difficult to be discovered by other people