What are your hacks for Reddit Marketing?

Claire Glisson
15 replies
I've been shadow banned more times than I can count.... what are your tips for authentically connecting with ideal audiences on Reddit without being promotional or spammy?

Replies

Abhinav Unnam
Here are the two things to do: - Pin your link or landing page to your profile, so if someone decides to check it out. They will be able to click the link. - Now go to the relevant SubReddits and engage with the audience. If you are thoughtful in terms of providing relevant POV, questions etc. You will get people checking out profiles and some will click through the link.
Claire Glisson
@abhinav_unnam1 Thanks! I've actually never even looked at my own profile page... beginner mistake, no doubt!
Nick Hutton
I've never done paid marketing on Reddit, but I've found it's great at getting early users for new products. The thing is, you have to be patient and contribute to a lot of subreddits before putting your self-promotion out there. If you're solving a need that people in that subreddit have, then people will be really supportive and give great advice.
Claire Glisson
@nick_hutton Thanks for this! The patience + genuine community contribution piece has always been a struggle for me, as I haven't had a history us using the platform on a personal level, but it's clearly worth the effort to start building the habit!
Nick Hutton
@claire_glisson I never was either! It's a tough change and one I'm still working on, but you can grow to enjoy it over time.
Tedel
I never create a thread with a product or service. I just reply to relevant threads with my extremely biased suggestion. ;)
Claire Glisson
@simplytedel Excellent call! Are you also contributing to other threads to try to hide your promotional ones? I feel like mods can often see this sort of behavior for what it is.
Tedel
@claire_glisson Hi Claire. Yes, I "slack" around on Reddit or a while before posting anything. Any moderator will bother an active user of the community, will he?
Sarbjit Grewal
Post about your product or service thoughtfully, and always read the rules and behave like a normal user even if you're a marketing your services.
Xavier Coiffard
Hey, I'm a big fan of Reddit and I'm using it to get my first users on all my projects. Here is how I do it: 1. Be careful about the sub's rules. Some are totally OK with auto-promo, some aren't. On some big subs you can self-promote on a specific day with a specific tag! 2. Don't post blindly, sort the sub by "Top of All time" and see what works. 3. Each sub is a community, try to participate before posting anything. I wrote a whole blog post about it → https://blog.spreadtheworld.net/...
Claire Glisson
@angezanetti Thanks these are all great tip, especially the one about sorting... I've never considered that! Great blog post as well. Thanks for taking the time to share.
Pradeepa Somasundaram
All you need is patience and continuos contribution to subreddit. It will increase your web traffics and some leads.