What are your favourite ways to unwind after a hard day of work ?

Arun Pariyar
28 replies
For most of us here, working means looking at the screen for at least 6 - 8 hours a day by the end of which a brain freeze is likely, that’s okay, that’s work, we need to make things happen 🏗. Question is things you like to do after that to relax, please share with us 🧉

Replies

Pablo Fatas
Gaming. Just turn off my brain and play some League of Legends Edit: After reading everyone else’s I don’t feel as productive as most of you
Pablo Fatas
@arunpariyar Thanks for the post to make it happen. I see you are also very active on here 😊
Pablo Fatas
@katerina_kurshina Most games have an associated discord and reddit so you will find a lot of people on those. I am a big reddit user and have done marketing on there as well so if you need any help with that let me know. What are you trying to do with gamer communities? :)
Pablo Fatas
@katerina_kurshina Sounds good. I’ll DM you there :)
Arun Pariyar
Great a see a conversation going on here 😁
Harish Kumar
I create a piece of content, post it on my community pages, go out for a walk, then take the dog out for a walk...ask my wife if she would like to watch a movie together on Netflix...if she agrees then I lock myself for the quality time...in between I get tempted to check if someone liked my post, commented, or go to stripe to see if someone reacted... but I control my emotions but as a bootstrap founder, my worry for the next days continues...before hitting the bed, I review my whole day strategy and check how can I do tomorrow better....this consistent habit helps me to come up with new content and engagement ideas.
Arun Pariyar
Hey Harish, I think many founder can relate with you, you are in hustling mode so it can be hard to relax, you gotta do what you gotta do. Your dedication is admirable and I wish you all the best 👍
Ryan Gilbert
Working out + music. A great way to relieve some stress and just tune everything else out.
Ivan Ralic
Launching soon!
Cooking! 😄 I eat once a day, I LOOOVE eating, so I relax by cooking a hefty meal 😄
Launching soon!
All in all, I think the best way to relax and unwind after a difficult day at work is to find hobbies that you simply enjoy doing. If they take your mind off of your troubles, if they keep your stress levels lower as a result, then that's all the better!
Arun Pariyar
I couldn't agree more @qudsia_ali doing the things you love like your hobbies bring a lot of fulfilment that can have a positive effect on other aspects of our life including work 🌱
Mihai Marinescu
After a hard day of work I can only sleep.
Arun Pariyar
Hey @mmarinescu88, I hope it's not like that everyday but yeah no better Relaxer than sleep 💤
Geetanjali Shrivastava
Get at least an hour away from a screen in the fresh air. I also enjoy cooking - the process of chopping vegetables and lining up the spices and herbs helps me recenter my thoughts and get rid of any lingering stress. And finally, a glass of wine, and the most popular leisure time activity since lockdowns - Netflix! 📺
Arun Pariyar
Hey @geetanjalishrivastava, Like that you have a proper routine for yourself setup waiting for you to relax, thats just great 👍
Devendra singh shekhawat
I take swimming 🏊‍♂️ as the best way to keep myself active and relaxed
Arun Pariyar
One activity to relax and exercise whole body, Good choice Devendra 👍
Sergio Zaciu
I'm pretty religious about watching movies every weeknight. I'm a huge film buff and try to stop working around 8PM so that there's a film playing by 9:30 at the latest.
Sergio Zaciu
@arunpariyar haha thanks boss. Peep my Letterboxd @immigrantfilm if you wanna keep up with my diary entries!
Arun Pariyar
Hey @szaciu Love the devotion here 🎥
Maya Ben Zid
In no particular order: binging Netflix, listening to music, working out, fresh air, singing karaoke.