What are your favorite no code solutions?

Ivanna Wendel
175 replies
No code solutions are becoming more and more popular these days and the market is seemed to be overflooded with such solutions. What are your favorite ones?

Replies

Aleks Bochkov
@thesammysworld Why not to use Webflow for all sites? How Carrd better or different from the Webflow?
Max Prilutskiy
@thesammysworld +1 to Notion. And notionlytics.com to have the usage stats.
Aleks Bochkov
@thesammysworld @prilutskiy Yeah, Notion is great, no doubt! But lately a bit slow on mac. At least on my mac :)
Theodore Nikolai Idris
@thesammysworld @bochkovaleks so Webflow is absolutely amazing but the one feature it lacks I'd the ability to customize your website's on mobile. Carrd fulfills this need at an insanely low cost, and it has a much more beginner-friendly UI without sacrificing much of its customisability. Overall, Carrd is a much more accessible platform to use while Webflow provides an experience that's delightful for developers, designers and the rest of the team to collaborate on the same platform.
Sanketh Sampara
@bochkovaleks Carrd is a bit faster to implement and cheaper for simple use cases. Webflow might get really costly if all you need is a simple static landing page with not much jazz.
Maksym Kholod
Check mssg.me. We are on PH today πŸ˜‰
Raghav Goyal
Would love to know if anyone has a good list of no code solutions with a pro and con analysis!
Aleks Bochkov
@rg97 Yeah! Agreed! That would be awesome to have such a comparison list.
Ivanna Wendel
@rg97 Great idea! We can start putting it together based on all the suggestions raised in this discussion today.
Sidharth Prekash
@rg97 NoCode MBA has a pretty good list with the pros and cons - https://www.nocode.mba/guide
Tuana Γ‡elik
@rg97 Not sure about a list but I think @mert_aktas from User Guiding or one of his colleagues had a podcast dedicated to talking about no/low code solutions and trends.
Aleks Bochkov
Does our tools count? Or it would be considered as self advertising? πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒ
Uku Kudu
Elementor Pro and Wordpress
Aleks Bochkov
@uku_kudu Yes, those guys are the best on Wordpress CMS.
Ivanna Wendel
@uku_kudu Are there any other alternatives in the Wordpress website builder space? Alternatives to Elementor?
Uku Kudu
@ivanna_wendel There are some. Divi, Beaver, WPBakery, Oxygen, Visual Composer
Aleks Bochkov
@ivanna_wendel @uku_kudu Wow! Impressive! I didn't no there are so many players in the Wordpess website builders niche. Thanks for sharing.
Adrian Topka
Ohh I think the combination of Webflow + Airtable + Zapier + Memberstack I can do almost anything with these πŸ˜¬πŸš€
Aleks Bochkov
@adrian_topka Yes, thats a truly great set of no code apps! How do you use Memberstack tho? Do you integrate to the Webflow?
Aleks Bochkov
@adrian_topka Got it. And as for the Zapier, have you tried their alternatives who give greater amount of tasks limits per month? We have quite a few apps ourselves and our community asking for a whole bunch of integrations. We initially decided to go for the Zapier, but found a great deal of alternatives. So trying to decide now.
Adrian Topka
@bochkovaleks Of course. I have played with Integromat & Integrately. Both great (integrately has a great offer now), but you have to check if they have all necessary integrations for your needs.
Aleks Bochkov
@adrian_topka So Zapier just have more integrations thats their main advantage?
Adrian Topka
@bochkovaleks For my use cases, yes. But the competitors are really close now, regarding that.
Claire Glisson
Big fan of Webflow! In my experience, it has TONS more modern functionality accessible to no-code users (if you're willing to do the research to understand how) than a Wordpress + Elementor combo.
Aleks Bochkov
@claire_glisson A lot of folks rooting for Webflow here :) Looks like we got a winner. Have tried other website builders tho? And what about Figma?
Ivanna Wendel
@claire_glisson Yes, Webflow is one of the leaders in this space :) I like it too. Do you make designs and built sites yourself in it?
Claire Glisson
@bochkovaleks I've tried Wordpress + Elementor as well as your out of the box site builders (Wix, Squarespace) - Webflow is in a league of its own in my book. I do use Figma but mostly for design + component creation - can you actually publish a functional site from Figma too?
Claire Glisson
@ivanna_wendel I wouldn't call myself a UX designer, but I get by as a bootstrapped founder who MUST play that role! I like to use existing Webflow templates and modify them for my needs. I find I usually f*ck them up in the process, lol
Aleks Bochkov
@claire_glisson Yeah makes sense! Yes, Figma is limited to deign only. Webflow in these terms are way better! But still designing in Figma feels more natural :)
Denis Danilov
Really love Webflow. Used it many times for different tasks and even built a landing page for my primary product β€” Stratum UI Design Kit
Aleks Bochkov
@danilov_den Its looks like everyones number one choice here is Webflow. Have you tried other website builder, before choosing Webflow as the primary one?
Denis Danilov
@bochkovaleks I wanted something with maximum freedom. I researched some other site builders (like Tilda), but they were too limited
Aleks Bochkov
@danilov_den Got it. But do you do the actual design in the Webflow or you do it elsewhere and then integrate to the Webflow?
Denis Danilov
@bochkovaleks I created the design in Figma, then assembled it through Webflow. After that, I corrected small details only in Webflow itself.
Michael Skelly
We just launched Stacker 2.0 on PH a few minutes ago!
Aleks Bochkov
@matsugfx Thats an interesting combination πŸ™‚ Does Systemflow help? I briefly checked, looks like both Figma and Webflow already have what Systemflow offers or I misread its sole purpose?
Emir AtlΔ±
hockeystack.com for sure :)
Aleks Bochkov
@emiratl16 Is this like a Hotjar or Analytics?
Emir AtlΔ±
@bochkovaleks 10x faster than Hotjar, but still easy & detailed
Aleks Bochkov
@emiratl16 Faster in terms of what exactly?
Emir AtlΔ±
@bochkovaleks for example, if someone spends 5 minutes on your website and done 15 actions (clicks, pageviews, etc.) then you need to watch a 5 minute video with Hotjar. With HockeyStack, you see every single step in seconds and see what everyone has done. You can also filter your visitors by goals, user & session properties, and the goals they haven't done.
Aleks Bochkov
@emiratl16 Interesting! Do you have a free plan like Hotjar?
Lulu Cheng
We've also launched our API first no code platform. We are trying to still be no code with API first, we could provide the ultimate flexibility to build. Happy to chat.
Aleks Bochkov
@lulu_cheng1 Cool! Is it like an integration app?
Lulu Cheng
@bochkovaleks Yes, longer term we'd like to be in a position where you could easily integrate different APIs w/ our automation flows without code (and a developer would have the freedom to do anything they'd like). Right now we are narrowing to more 'consumer focused' use cases - google sheets online store, simple email automation etc.
Louis Lafont
Google Sheets/Excel ! This is still by large the most used, foundational no-code tool ! Every company is somehow a competitor of this one. By the way I've build Sheet2SMS upon it to send texts from your spreadsheet !
Marius Busen
@dot_louis then you should check rows.com :) makes it even easier to build automations and integrate with APIs
Aleks Bochkov
@dot_louis @marius_busen Nice! So Rows are in direct competition with Airtable, right? Are Rows have any substantial differences from the Airtable?
Marius Busen
@dot_louis @bochkovaleks not in direct competition i would say... :) rows has much more of an actual spreadsheet feeling to it and makes calculations and handling of data (including json) much easier. there's some overlap for sure, but other unique features of rows like integrations to linkedin, facebook, etc. feel free to try though, we have a free plan to play around a bit :)
Marius Busen
@dot_louis @bochkovaleks happy to hear, feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions at any time :)
IVM
Love using Airtable , Glide! Also Landen for not overly complicated (a not super customizable) landing pages and find Zapier really useful as well!
Aleks Bochkov
@ines_meireles Thanks for your insight. Not familiar with Landen. How is it compared to alternatives? Any prominent pros?
IVM
@bochkovaleks Landen is now named https://www.umso.com/ For me, it's very easy to use and to make a decent looking website. Their modules are pretty straight forward (you just fill in with copy and add ur images). Their pricing is also attractive if you want to test out ideas (3 sites for 29$/month). But if you're looking for tones of customisation or design options, it's a bit limited. Hope it helped!
Aleks Bochkov
@ines_meireles Yes, thanks for explaining how it works and thanks for sharing about this app! Great insights! We should add it to the list of zero code products.
Fritz Brumder
I have a related question, what are the boundaries of no code tools? Are they based on ease of use or category? For example, if you have to copy embed codes or insert JS is that no code? Can no code exist in every category or is it mainly focused on tools like content, data or CRM management?
Ivanna Wendel
@fritzly That's a very good question that you are raising here. To be honest and imho there are no limits :) First were website builders, then appeared full app builders like Bubble . Then Airtable reinvented spreadsheets :) I guess as long as it is a no-brainer and doesn't require hiring an engineer to put together or make it work and it automates certain processes - we can call it NO CODE :) IMHO
Fritz Brumder
@ivanna_wendel I like that "as long as it is a no-brainer and doesn't require hiring an engineer to put together or make it work and it automates certain processes" Creators and builders are creative and solution thinkers, which is much like engineering without understanding the language. A solid creative and set of tools can get you very far these days!
Filip Minev
I'm biased, but that would be Tally - the simplest way to create forms. ☺️
Ivanna Wendel
@filipminev Yes, i saw you recently here on PH. The UI is fantastic. You position Tally as alternative to Typeform?
Filip Minev
@ivanna_wendel Thanks for the nice words, Ivanna! ☺️ Being compared to Typeform is a big compliment for us. I would say Tally is a Typeform alternative, yes - main differences are a fresh new form building experience (works like a doc) + a different business model (99% of Tally's features are available to all users for free and without limits).
carl ferreira
HubSpot CMS and workflows