What are your best tips for growing a community?

Emanuele Caldari
11 replies

Replies

Dhruv Bhatia
- Provide value - Have a clear purpose - Plan out your community strategy - Have a community calendar (plan out your events and initiatives)
Emanuele Caldari
@dhruv_bhatia thank you so much! So when you say provide value, do you intend to give your community the opportunity to find out at 360 ° about the root of the problem they suffer and only then provide the tools to solve that problem?
Dhruv Bhatia
@emanuele_caldari Absolutely, having a clear purpose helps with providing value also. If everyone knows what the community is about, it becomes easier to provide value.
Jonathan Massabni
Bringing value to the community members! So probably starting niche to bring value through expertise :)
Emanuele Caldari
@jonathanm thank you! Sometimes I think I am in too much of a hurry to show the solution, because I believe I give value by proposing an innovative solution, instead I first have to create long-term relationships by gaining trust day after day. Thanks again!
Jonathan Massabni
@emanuele_caldari Well said! Crazy how taking it day by day often brings us faster without realizing. Thanks for sharing!
Rosie Sherry
Do your Community Discovery (research) so that you become the person that truly understands their needs and desires. Then plan accordingly, ideally with an experimental and MVC (Minimum Viable Community) mindset.
Emanuele Caldari
@rosiesherry thank you! I want to steal your skills :) :) Being in the initial phase of community creation, do you believe that the best way to give value is to inform your community of all the issues that are related to solving the main problem? Do you think that especially in this phase it is better to wait to propose the solution immediately and investigate the problem? To simplify in the initial phase, is it better to sell the problem rather than the solution?
Jessie
Sometimes we tend to always want more and focus/look outside to gain more members instead of focusing on serving with excellence the existing members. From my experience, when you serve your current user with all that you got and intentionally truly care things grow :)
Emanuele Caldari
@jessie_m A thousand thanks! Think exactly like you. The only problem for me is that our community is still very small and for this we have to focus mainly on its expansion.