What are your best productivity tips for office & home?

Noyan IDIN
50 replies

Replies

Deep K
Set clear goals and priorities: Start each day by setting specific, measurable goals and priorities. This will help you focus on what's most important and make the most of your time. Create a schedule and stick to it: Plan your day in advance and build in time for breaks, meetings, and other important tasks. Try to stick to your schedule as closely as possible. Eliminate distractions: Identify and eliminate sources of distraction, such as social media, email, or notifications. Take breaks: Taking short breaks throughout the day can help increase focus and productivity. Get enough sleep: Making sure you get enough sleep is crucial for maintaining focus and productivity. Stay organized: Keep your workspace clean and organized. Make sure you have everything you need within easy reach.
Charles
Don't go full digital. Keep a pen and paper by your computer to organise thoughts and problem-solve differently.
@charlie_buch I tried digital note taking but I totally agree with you, I need to feel it :) thanks Charles!
Sara Intikhab
Interesting to find out, want to follow this thread
Launching soon!
-Schedule and prioritize your tasks -Eliminate distractions -Realize your duty -Take regular breaks
Frank Fernandez
Decide upfront what your outcome needs to be instead instead of just defining granular tasks. For example: Good: I need to spend some quality time with my son. Not as good: We are going to play baseball, football, go watch a movie, play at the park, etc. This lets your mind focus on the value rather than all of the things that you might think add value. You can jot the "Not as good" side as ideas that you may want to explore but you might find that just going to play at the park made it a memorable day and you were able to find achieve what your true goal was. You should still set a time schedule for it but measuring your outcome is different than the traditional way. I bet you will be happier.
haha.og
Get sunshine for at least 15 minutes as soon as you can after waking up! You'll get better sleep that night, and wake up feeling more refreshed and ready to be productive!
sushil
Follow these steps if you want an Undistracted 2 hours of time to get in deep work. 1. Put on your headphones. 2. Don't play songs 3. Pretend that you're listening to something 4. Pretend that you didn't hear if someone calls you 5. In this 2hr - Reply only to people who call your name thrice or who pluck out your headset and start cursing you. 6. If they call with your full name, it's a "Red Alert" Good luck:)
Mubeen Masudi
Productivity is key to the success of my business, but I also understand the importance of maintaining a healthy work-life balance. Here are my top 5 tips for staying productive while also making time for the important things in life: Prioritize: Not everything on your to-do list is equally important. Prioritize the most essential tasks and focus on those first. Use a timer: Break your work into manageable chunks of time and set a timer for each one. This will help you stay focused and avoid burnout. Eliminate distractions: Distractions are the enemy of productivity. Identify and eliminate unnecessary distractions to stay focused. Take breaks: Short breaks throughout the day are essential for maintaining focus and avoiding burnout. Work-Life balance: Make sure you have a good balance between work and life. Set specific time for your personal life and stick to it. Make sure you take time for yourself and your loved ones, whether it's for leisure or just spending quality time with family. These tips will help you stay productive and focused, while also making time for the important things in life. Remember, burnout and fatigue is not going to help anyone, taking care of yourself is as important as taking care of your work.
@mubeen In busy times maintaining the work-life balance is the hardest part I think. I work at least 12-13 hours a day 🤓
Vishal Patel
There are many ways to increase productivity both in the office and at home. Here are a few : Prioritize your tasks: Make a to-do list and prioritize the most important tasks first. This will help you stay focused and avoid distractions. Take regular breaks: Taking short breaks throughout the day can help you stay refreshed and focused. Eliminate distractions: Minimize distractions by closing unnecessary tabs and apps, silencing your phone, and working in a quiet environment. Use time management tools: Tools like calendars, timers, and task managers can help you stay organized and on track. Establish a routine: Establishing a consistent routine can help you stay focused and increase productivity, try to stick to set working hours and break schedules. Get enough sleep: Getting enough sleep is essential for maintaining productivity. Make sure to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep each night. Keep a clean and organized workspace: A clean and organized workspace can help you focus and feel less stressed. Stay healthy: Eating well, exercising, and maintaining good mental health can all help you stay productive. Remember that everyone's productivity levels differ and what works for one person may not work for another. Experiment with different methods and find what works best for you.
Raju Singh
Keeping the phone's notifications to max of 1-2 apps has been such a powerful productivity hack for me. Even uninstalling apps that frequently notify and keeping them strictly for desktop is just magical. Try it. I would have saved 3-4 hours a week easily with this and more so been peaceful since.
Chris Horne
Proper lighting, and music. Without those two I'd just stare at my screen thinking: "come on... do something"
Nick Mazikov
Productivity plays an important role. Our blog is all about web3, startups, and finding funding, but there are productivity topics on there too, I suggest you check it out
Ajay Yadav
home - make the family clear to not disturb when working.
Shilpa Mandhan
- I try to start my week with 30 minutes dedicated to mapping out my and my team's priorities for the week - Having a dedicated desk area (it's in the guest bedroom but has a standing desk with a monitor and an office chair) helps a ton; working from the couch or the bed or the kitchen counter hasn't proven nearly as effective for me! - Blocking time in my calendar for "work" - meetings have an unnatural way of creeping all over my calendar, so I have to proactively block chunks of time to do work - Silencing Slack notifications (I have to check every notification if I see it) or shutting slack down altogether during my focused work time really helps
Eddie Forson
* Keep phone away in another room or turned off when working * Set clear goals ahead of starting your work * Take breaks from time to time :)
Johannes Müller
Kitchen timer that I use for Pomodoro technique ( i am a developer, so after 25 mins I take a small break) Phone in flight mode also improves my focus
@hayerhans what do you do if you cannot finish something in 25 mins?
Vishal Patel
Here are a few productivity tips that may be helpful: Prioritize your tasks: Make a list of everything you need to do and prioritize them by importance. Tackle the most important tasks first and work your way down the list. Set clear goals: Establish specific, measurable, and attainable goals for each task. This will help you stay focused and motivated. Use a calendar: Use a calendar to schedule your tasks and deadlines. This will help you stay on track and ensure that you meet your deadlines. Take breaks: Taking short breaks throughout the day can help you stay refreshed and focused. Consider using the Pomodoro Technique, where you work for 25 minutes and then take a 5-minute break. Eliminate distractions: Identify and eliminate any distractions that are preventing you from being productive. This could include turning off your phone, closing unnecessary tabs on your computer, or finding a quiet place to work. Stay organized: Keep your work area clean and organized. This will help you stay focused and reduce the amount of time you spend looking for things. Don't multitasking : Multitasking can actually decrease productivity, as it can be difficult to fully focus on more than one task at a time. Instead, focus on one task at a time and give it your full attention. Stay motivated: Stay motivated by setting small goals and rewarding yourself when you achieve them. This will help you stay focused and motivated throughout the day.
Jd Dantes
Having good "state" through sleep, food, and physical activity. Focusing on less tasks, and time-blocking activities for deep work. Sorting out priorities the night before also helps.