What are you doing for reducing your carbon footprint in your daily routine?

Kadir İnip
8 replies
Hey makers, Hopefully, everything is fine! What steps do you take in your daily life to reduce your carbon footprint or the consumption you create? And if you switched to a minimalist life, how did this happen, what was your motivation?

Replies

Kadir İnip
We are planning a trip to attract more people to this journey, maybe you can check it out. www.carbofil.com
Audrey Rampon
I walk/ride my bike as much as possible, I use tote-bags when I go to the supermarket to avoid plastic bags, I use soap over packaged body wash, I use a KeepCup to get my coffee and don't buy plastic bottles. I haven't switched to a minimalist life, but I try and purchase second-hand when possible.
Kadir İnip
@audrey_rampon Very correct and important steps, I am sure you do not spend great effort to take these steps, but your contribution is really great. For the last 2 months, I have been doing researches to make a full measurement on this subject, it is very difficult to make an exact measurement, but I am sure that you have a huge impact!
Rashmi Gupta
nothing much, just using reusable stuff, segregating garbage, don't use plastic bags and try eating organic.
Himanshi
I moved from the city, 3 years ago. Living in the mountains with a community that is so closely knit with the people as well as nature. Plastic bags are banned, garbage segregation is easy, food wastage is a sin, and walking to most of the places on foot- you don't have an option for that :P Also, there is a space here that sells everything local, organic, and handmade- from food to art to home decor. We also have a dome space to exhibit what we make and rent/sell/give away whatever's taking space or is not needed anymore.
Caroline Schneider
As sustainability is very important to us at GreenFrame, we identified these easy, day-to-day measures that help you to reduce your carbon digital footprint: ✅Send links instead of attachments ✅Clean up your mailbox ✅Send big attachments through file transfer platforms ✅Unsubscribe from commercial distribution lists or newsletters that you don’t need ✅Clean up the data you choose to save regularly ✅Store big files on external hard drives instead of the Cloud ✅Deactivate automatic download from apps such as WhatsApp ✅Avoid duplication of files saved in different systems ✅Delete documents when they are not useful anymore ✅Eco-design digital services with the help of GreenFrame! ✅When streaming, use Wi-Fi instead of 4G ✅Avoid viewing in HD  ✅Favour audio files over videos ✅Or simply try to cut down on streaming and online gaming ✅Prolong the life of your devices  ✅Turn off your computer when you leave ✅Set your computer to go into sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity ✅Switch off your Wi-Fi when you’re not at home ✅Use eco-friendly search engines like Ecosia.org ✅Do limited searches: perform your searches within a relevant website rather than on the entire web ✅Use Favourites or History instead of searches I hope you found these tips useful! :)
Andrew Beburishvili
I am going to switch to an EV. Hope it will happen as soon as possible. Recently I stumbled upon this company https://carplus.co.uk/car-financ... which provides very profitable options for students or for people with bad credit score (that is exactly my case).