What are the 3 most important things to do before launch on ProductHunt?

Saeed Dzh
7 replies
I understand that there could be more, but it would be nice to hear about at least three =)

Replies

For our GoStartup PH launch, we had a few pieces of advice we quickly put together from different people that did well during their launch. Among these, the most effective things we did were: 1. Be active on Twitter --> underrated and effective in gathering people to be interested in the launch. Repost what people say about your product, upvote their tweets, and DM people. 2. Be active on PH --> some PH launchers make the mistake of posting their 3. Be ready to not get into the top 5 --> We learnt that there isn't a limit to how much you can launch on PH. That means that if you're launching for the first time and don't get heaps of upvotes and comments, no stress. If you've got an update, you can launch it on PH later. If you've got some platform changes, you can launch that, too. This isn't the only chance to succeed on PH, but sometimes it can feel like that.
Saeed Dzh
@maxine_buchert Great Maxine! Very helpful advices πŸ‘
Robert Rizk
@maxine_buchert Super valuable. I wish I read that before launching :)
Gabriel Fono
I really look for the same answer I am building a saas for developers and entrepreneurs
Saeed Dzh
@gabriel_fono hope someone will come and share his/her experience with us πŸ˜…
Yaroslava Antipina πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦
We're planning some launches soon. Just sharing with you my thoughts: 1. Plan and make a checklist of what should be done. We're preparing for two months. 2. Consider who will be your hunter. It's an important decision as a top hunter can increase your chances. 3. Be active on PH. Upvote & test products, participate in discussions, build sincere connections with people. Good luck with your launch!
Saeed Dzh
@yaroslava Hey Yaroslava, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Good luck with your future launches πŸš€