What app do you guys use for tracking users' bugs (product defect)?

Pierre Kraus
24 replies
I am looking for an app/software that helps to track issues/bugs opened by users in an an efficient way. Currently using nolt but I feel like there are better options that I'm not aware of. Appreciate the help! Pierre Edit: The goal is to be able for users to submit an issue but also to be able to check out the current open tickets, so they don't submit the same issue twice.

Replies

angel numb
There are a lot of ways to cater this. If its a courier tracking website like st courier tracking then you can use clarity or users sessions recordings. You will know exactly whats the issue. Moreover sort the recordings w.r.t user time, the more time user stayed on your site means he didnt accomplish what was he looking for. This indicates issues. Now go and uncheck "skip inactivity" and watch the full recording. Hopefully you will find a lot of issues which were hidden and your user were facing.
For bugs opened by users, I used Jira Service Desk 🐜 And for catching bugs in the code, Bugsnag or Sentry.
Pierre Kraus
@johnnyfekete For Jira Service Desk, how do users know if the same bug/issue is already open or not?
Ira GI
In fact, there are a lot of good applications. But I only used BugHerd.
Pierre Kraus
@ira_gi Thanks! What are the other apps you have in mind?
Debajit Sarkar
The apps that I've found to be helpful for tracking bugs are (in no particular order): 1. Backlog 2. Bugherd 3. Userback
Youri Nelson
Anyone has app that are best suited for electron apps? aka that don't require an overlay on the app.
Ashit Vora
Asana for internal bug tracking & project management.
Vian Trinh
We use Canny! Seems solid to track bugs opened by users. It does the job well in communicating about our roadmap plan and changelog too :)
Tim Adair
Could use Intercom to capture customer feedback and push it to a bug or product management app. Depends if you're looking to enable end users to submit bugs or internal teams.
Ismail Reida
What about using logs? you can track issues/bugs before the user opens a ticket ;) I use datadog for logging for my project https://triplancost.com and for sure I'm very happy with that
Maciej Cupial
I use Bugsnag, it's free for the start.
Felix Exner
In addition to the other responses, if you have already created an online community, it helps to analyze your communities communication to track the issues they are talking about. Not all issues/bugs are trackable via tracking software or are reported by users. We built an analytics tool called Appsedia to simplify that process. Let me know if you'd like to see a quick demo.
Farhan Kabir
I use Hotjar! It's quite efficient tracking the heatmaps
Hayat Xo
i am also working on a st courier site. visit my blog to know about tracking.
Colleen Camacho
There are a lot of ways to cater this. If its a courier tracking website like marathe agency courier tracking number then you can use clarity or users sessions recordings. You will know exactly whats the issue. Moreover sort the recordings w.r.t user time, the more time user stayed on your site means he didnt accomplish what was he looking for. This indicates issues. Now go and uncheck "skip inactivity" and watch the full recording. Hopefully you will find a lot of issues which were hidden and your user were facing.