Weekend goals? Let's hold each other accountable šŸ¤

Aditya
34 replies
The weekend is around the corner. Share your plans with the PH community and let's hold each other accountable by updating this thread on Monday šŸ˜ƒ I'll go first: I will work on my fitness and run 20kms. My Apple Watch has been resting for too long. This is a fun exercise and even this COUNTS šŸ˜‰ Have a great weekend!

Replies

Jason Cavness
I need to start prepping for our Product Hunt launch.
Aditya
@jasoncavness That's wonderful!! Please check out our launch guide (https://help.producthunt.com/en/...) to ensure you get the most out of your launch šŸš€ All the best :)
Eugenia Russell
Wow, Aditya, what a brilliant plan for your weekend. Do you plan your routes in advance? Do you run passed interesting architecture / scenery? Sounds fantastic and I like the image you chose too. I am reading about Greek mythology (the Trojan War) this weekend and walking to the park so a much gentler pace! Have a great training session. Great post!
Aditya
@eugenia_russell Yes, I have a specific route in mind, and it is full of history. I will cross a couple of ancient and medieval sites in Delhi, followed by a botanical garden, and will end up at a squash court. You know, I also love reading history!! Infact, I have started reading about China. It is so fascinating. To begin with, I've put my hands on Fairbank's Chinese History overview šŸ˜
Eugenia Russell
@adityavsc How lovely. To have all that history around you. Would love to see some pics sometime. I am sure the botanical garden must be amazing this time of year. And all the best with the book. He is a prominent historian for sure. Have a great weekend.
Aditya
@eugenia_russell Hey šŸ™‹ā€ā™‚ļø I managed to run 18kms on the weekends, and played a couple of Squash matches as well. How did your reading go? I'm picking some books by Ramachandra Guha this weekend :)
Eugenia Russell
@adityavsc Thank you so much for following up. Is it The Commonwealth of Cricket among other things? Good to hear about your weekend. I am doing well with the reading, thanks, and enjoying it so much it has carried into the week. It is fascinating how influential the ancient myths were on later writers, including Shakespeare.
Aditya
@eugenia_russell Ohhh yes!! The Commonwealth of Cricket it is! Being a cricket fan I really wanna learn more about the history behind about, and of course the transformation in last 7 decades. Guha himself was a cricketer in school and college, but the plans did not materialize and he became a sociologist. Yep! He is a trained sociologist but more famous as a historian. Polymath, maybe? šŸ¤” I totally agree that the ancient myths did have a influence on the writers and thinkers of the of the renaissance, and the modern period!!
Duncan Hall
After todays excitement, this weekend I'm committing to: Get outside for several hours each day Spend at least 3 hours a day without looking at a screen
Aditya
@_duncanhall Congratulations on the Remotely's launch! Hope you had an amazing weekend. Did you celebrate the launch success?
Duncan Hall
@adityavsc I did - I slept past 11am for the first time in as long as I can remember!
Aditya
@_duncanhall A break well deserved, my friend šŸ˜ƒ
Aditya
@_duncanhall no doubt it was a good day!
Rowe Morehouse
āžŠ I have to do a lot of physical work around my home, like cleaning an organizing ā€” stuff I have been putting off for the last 10 days. āž‹ I want to finish this IBM Design Thinking certification I have been studying for, then I'll make a few flashcards and take the exam.
Aditya
@rowemore Hey šŸ™‹ā€ā™‚ļø Hope you had a nice weekend, and finished the organizing work. Chores are boring but necessary šŸ˜­ And how did the exam go?
Aditya
@rowemore Looks like a super busy weekend!!
Artem Smirnov
I need to enter one or two mp3s, stolen from YouTube, into our system to test-drive "English for startups", a possible feature for our language learning startup. And I need to recheck the timings for 10 other texts so that I could cut them into pieces and send to my friend in S.Korea who'll feed it into his Text To Speech system that would supposedly make it speak Lithuanian. Plus, I have to work on our pitch deck because we have a drill on Tuesday and a repetition on Monday. And get a nap before that. This is my plan for today, because I have my birthday on Sunday and I don't want to spoil it with boring stuff. So, my Sunday plan is to catch up with the cold emailing course that I've been delaying plus a few other learning videos and articles. And a bit of celebration, of course.
Aditya
@artem_smirnov And the day is here!! Happy birthday and have a great time šŸ„³
Aditya
@artem_smirnov Wow! That's so much on the table!
Aditya
@artem_smirnov Hey!! So excited to learn about your progress :)
Robin
to find a solution for my problem :DD https://www.producthunt.com/disc...
Aditya
@robinkunz Hmm... not an expert but another way of executing this in the shortest time possible maybe something like this https://www.producthunt.com/post... Create a database, create a landing page, show some samples, add testimonials, and sell it via Gumroad. What do you think?
Robin
@adityavsc Thanks for your help. But this approach is quite low / cheap because in this way you lose the control over the data and hand out the full database. Thats okay for a quick product like the community list but not for smth bigger. I am thinking about doing it with bubble/webflow and some plugins so I can query the database :)
Aditya
@robinkunz Agreed. This would not have the advanced functionalities, or the control you'd need to scale and customize as per the need. Webflow or Bubble should work out in that case, but yes.. plugin integration would still be needed šŸ˜­
Fu Fei
Little late since the weekend is over... BUT Managed - Redid some elements of the landing page (https://avopos.com/) - Finished 3 blog articles (https://p-zero.fufei.io/)
Aditya
@fu_fei I really like the landing page! So clean, and the use of soft font is such a blessing to the eyes :) Just read your articles on user research! 3 articles in 2 days!! That's some war-time energy!! lol Asking questions, more importantly the right questions, is an art in itself. Successful researchers distinguish themselves through this art. I remember my university research project. Crunching numbers was the easier part. Qualitative analysis was the real deal!! In the true Weberian sense, it is really difficult to keep the subjective and the objective apart šŸ˜…
Fu Fei
@adityavsc thank you so much
Nmklop Bnmkl
naah I will just sit on my couch and relax this weekend