We are launching soon. What are some best ways to collect PH feedback?

Erbil Yaman
24 replies
Beyond the feedback on the comments section; what have been some successful ways to collect early user/upvoter feedback?

Replies

Alexis Bardini
We've tried a few ways here at www.ursor.com 1. Reach out to every single person who upvoted, commented, or showed interest and try to have a call with them. (Calendly helps) 2. Walk them through your value proposition with some simple interface that gets your point across and let them give you their honest feedback. 3. Use a Typeform or similar platform helps get user feedback from your website and we've had over 100 replies over the last couple of months 4. Implement a launch again on product hunt is the fast way possible and probably repeat until its right
Erbil Yaman
@alexis_bardini Great points! Curious; how much time did you have between your next launch on PH and how much iteration did you make? 3 months? 6? more?
Alexis Bardini
@erbil_yaman A fast as possible depending on the changes you need to make to the product. Ideally not leaving it longer the 3 months to test again!
Erbil Yaman
We are planning to invite people to a Slack Community space to try out the product and engage with us as well. Any other suggestions?
Sebastian Britz
@erbil_yaman Discord servers and some already existing product testing Slack groups may help
Mohsen Kamrani
@erbil_yaman Sounds like a good idea, any ones you know or might have already used by any chance?
Erbil Yaman
@britz_sebastian Thank you. Discord server is a great idea, considering setting it up 👍
Lior Galante Cohen (Vaza)
Good luck with your upcoming launch! How about sharing an email address they can send feedback to / embedding a form they can fill out in the website / the product itself / actively ask people who upvoted/commented to send you their feedback.
Erbil Yaman
@lior_galante_cohen Great idea! We are doing it on the Slack and Teams app - will do on our landing page too. Much appreciated 🙏
Fabian Maume
It is possible to extract the list of upvoters but you need to run it on the day of the launch. You can use this Phantombuster automation to extract the last 18 upvoters. You can set it up to run every 5 minutes on the day of the launch. It is possible to use Product hunt API to extract the list of upvoter after the launch but it requires some programming skills.
Erbil Yaman
@fabian_maume AMAZING IDEA! Yup will definitely set up the phantom on this one. I thought the 18 limit would be an issue but you are right, 5 min recurrence should solve that! 👍
Maciej Cupial
We do video sessions one-to-one. It gives fantastic feedback.
Erbil Yaman
@maciej_cupial oh I would love that! Do you do anything specific to incentivize to join such a session (assuming it is a higher hurdle for a user to join a video session to give feedback)...
Maciej Cupial
@erbil_yaman we have a button on our landing page, where you can schedule a meeting, our customers use it often:)
Maciej Cupial
@erbil_yaman If you need a tool for online bookings, let me know. I can show you the product I'm working on currently.
Erbil Yaman
@maciej_cupial Very cool! Will check out that workflow.... Thanks!
Erbil Yaman
@maciej_cupial Yes let's connect, feel free to DM me on twitter
Erbil Yaman
I just found out that the brilliant @joaquin_roca and his team did a whole day of live Zoom webinar / feedback session with speakers etc... for the launch of Minerva. That is just incredible!!!
Glenn
Add a link in your product (and onboarding emails) to all sign-ups to leave feedback on a dedicated feedback portal. As an example you can use Noora (https://noorahq.com). Make sure to set-up SSO (so you can re-use your existing app accounts) to drive up the volume of feedback you receive. Regularly update your public roadmap, and engage in open discussions with your most committed users as a way of building your brand as a customer-obsessed company.
Erbil Yaman
Hey everyone! We are live with Teamble today! Please come take a look at what we have built! And thanks for all the feedback here - as a result we did 2 things: 1 - embedded a contact us feature within the Slack / Teams app as well and 2 - created a demo Slack workspace where users can test the product as well as give us feedback (using the product itself for feedback? - 🤯 so meta!) 🙌 thanks for all your support!
Jerome Tse
It seems like there are too many slack communities to join. It takes mentor barrier for ppl to join them and at the same time it also takes a lot of effort for the team to maintain it. So we at jupitrr.com just embed a simple website chatbot at important places, e.g. places where we mark as conversion and places we think are prone to bugs. In the chatbot, we support feature request, bug reports. We would appear on the chatbot as long as we are free :D.