Tool to memorise and practice new vocabulary

Michał Pękała
5 replies
Hey, I'm looking for a solution that would help me with my foreign vocabulary learning routine: 1. Note down vocabulary during my lessons + its meaning 2. Memorise/practice it twice a week to remember 3. Nice to have: be able to tag specific phrases, for example: useful for discussion, economic vocabulary, computer-related etc. So far I've been: - adding new words to a Quizlet set - practising it twice a week on Quizlet Quizlet has its ups (suggesting translations) and downs (super bloated UI). But it's nowhere near the "tagging" part. Can You recommend any better solution? :-)

Replies

NotesbyHugh
Check out Anki and see if they meet your requirements. You can probably also set something up in Notion but it might require a bit of fiddly work.
NotesbyHugh
btw what language is it? If it happens to be Mandarin then 'Pleco' has you covered for everything - i've been using it for years it's awesome.
Michał Pękała
@hugh_dawkins In my case it's Spanish to English
Valeria Migova
Hey, I’d recommend trying online whiteboard Weje. I use it as a note-taking tool, but I think it suits for education purposes as well :)
Lior Galante Cohen (Vaza)
Quizlet is great :) Other tools/platforms that are great for language learning (not necessarily vocabulary): Italki, Duolingo, TED-ed, All Ears English (podcast).