Tips on increasing followers on Product Hunt

Umar Saif
17 replies
What should I do in order to get followers on product hunt?

Replies

Jim Zhou
Erm, having launched no public projects on this platform it seems that I've gained followers beyond people I know irl entirely through posting acerbic, critical reviews and jokes that sail over almost everybody's heads. YMMV.
Bogomil Shopov - Бого
Hey Umar, why do you need followers here? Where do you see the value? Just curious.
Umar Saif
@bogomep I have plans to put my own products here in the future. In order to ensure a solid presence of my products, I am trying to build my own profile.
Fabian Maume
Being active in the discussions is the most effective. If you provide a good answer it will make you gain some followers. You can also try to follow some people and hope for following back. You can check out upvoters of a similar product to yours.
Hey Umar, I wrote this recently which should hopefully give you some ideas: https://maxwellcdavis.com/how-to...
Umar Saif
Thanks for all the amazing tips and upvotes
Nicole Ogloza
make friends!!!!! don't promote your product on here. Be genuine and make some great friends and then it would be easier to tell them about your launch later on!
Umar Saif
@nicole_ogloza thanks for this amazing advice. I'll try to follow this. For a start, I'll start following you :P