Tips about localizing content

Miriam Barchilon
5 replies

Replies

Anil Muppalla
Localization is a hard problem. Depending on the dimensions of measurement it can quickly become impossible to scale especially in highly diverse countries and every country seems to be becoming more diverse. Here are somethings I have seen work: 1. Divide the world into markets (this is a standard) 2. Understand what local means in each market 4. Understand how content is consumed in each market 5. Have local presence (this is hard if you are a small company, then try to approach it market by market) 6. Understand the relationship between local culture and content - important for content relevance
Miriam Barchilon
@anilmuppalla Thanks for the advice. Other than obviously translating and localizing text, what else do you think should be localized in a website?
Alexey Shashkov
Find a native speaker who can understand the interface of your product and pay him to localize it. For example, I'm a native Russian. I love digital products and understand interfaces. I probably can localize your product in the Russian language.
Ira GI
Be Brief Be Clear Be consistent Consider Text Expansion/Contraction
Alma Houston
I am looking for tips about localizing content and I am glad I have found your post in which I have found useful information. While searching for this online, I have found https://trusted-essaywriters.com... site and I am so happy now because I want to hire an essay writer but I don't know how to choose best essay writing service.