There is room for improvement of small packages delivery in cities

Kacper Raubo
7 replies
Whereas recently the need for delivering various kind of goods right to door increased, the way of doing this did not evolved at all. Suppliers still use bicycles and scooters, which do not protect against atmospheric conditions, or cars, which do but are not economic. Food delivery made that nowadays being one-person delivery company is as easy as ABC. But the price of our delicious dinner eating at home is high, because the evolution of technology of delivering small packages in cities did not keep up with the evolution of technology of ordering them. Hence, from my point of view, next to two-wheeled and four-wheeled vehicles, we need such a one that would make moving small distances easy, cheap and weather-independent. We need such a solution, that would be ecological, easy and cheap like foots, fast (in cities) and economic like bicycles or scooters and safe like cars.

Replies

Daniel Illenberger
Last mile delivery has many issues, quality of life for the carriers, in and outside of cities is a very real problem and just the beginning. I imagine this is a big motivator for getting droid / drone delivery systems working. It could solve all the problems you just mentioned. However, the industry is moving much slower than expected for obvious reasons.
Kacper Raubo
@daniel_illenberger, do you know any already implemented solutions?
Daniel Illenberger
@raubo Amazon announced drones back in 2013, but has failed to make much progress. Google is also working on drone deliveries. Obvious problems include drone travel range, weight, FFA regulations, noise, and safety. The only companies that have made any headway are companies like Starship. You can find these on large work and collage campuses. Starship has delivered over 2 million items so far. https://www.starship.xyz/. As of now, these types of droids are only suitable for denser population areas like cities due to range, need for sidewalks and limit on speed. My company is currently working on a product in the last mile delivery space. We will be publishing articles concerning this topic. As we do, I can update you on anything interesting we find. We are always looking for engineers interested in solving this issue if anyone is interested.
Tvisha raji
I think with the advent of technology and how fast it has been advancing, we can see more economic means in the future!
Kacper Raubo
@tvisha_raji, I totally agree. Any ideas what could the means be?
Tvisha raji
@raubo I am not sure how possible this is as of now.....but if the entire delivery system was to be computerized...it could definitely have some pros
KT
I know that some people are looking for a plenty of useful ways to import and to purchase a car. With https://clearitusa.com/ you can without any problems find a broker who can help with documents. I think that this method is really effective. Hope that it will be working effective.