The Unschedule: An Effective Method to Beat Procrastination

Vio Vanica
9 replies
This is how it works: Instead of scheduling in the calendar the things you procrastinate (work - e.g., tasks, projects, etc), you first schedule the fixed commitments (e.g., sleep, meals, showering, etc), guilt-free play (hobbies, reading, recreation, meeting your friends), self-care activities (e.g., exercise, meditation), including at least one hour of play a day and one full day off per week. Now your calendar is not full of overwhelming expectations, but it is more like a place for fun. It releases the pressure out of it. You can finally see that after scheduling the fixed commitments, you don't have so much time for work. This actually makes work look more attractive and you'll find yourself wanting to work more. Crazy right? But it works. I wrote a full article about this method https://www.myfocusspace.com/blo... Curious to learn what methods do you use to motivate yourself to keep with things on track?

Replies

Hassaan Bassam
Sounds like a good tweak to try. But overwhelming at the same time. For me, too much scheduling kicks the fun out of living.
David J. Kim
Read the article Viorica. Really cool that you got to meet the man behind the famous Stanford Prison experiment!
Deniz Aslan
Nice Article.Thanks!
run 3`
The forum that you share is fantastic and has a lot of significance; I really hope that it will become more widespread. retro games
Hall Wood
Hi there. Your method is quite interesting, I will definitely try it. Until this moment, I planned my day as full of tasks as possible, but I only managed to complete 1 or 2 items, and I was very upset about it. But what you suggest seems more positive.
da Belin
I was going through some of your content. this website and I believe this website.
da Belin
I am writing to inform you that I have recently encountered your website and find it to be quite intriguing and beneficial retro bowl.