The subtle art of chucking away Procrastination

Vanshika Chaturvedi
9 replies
You made a to-do list. You made a done list (which is basically empty presently) You have all resources at your disposal. You have time. You are working! But you are just not doing what you are supposed to do!!! Have you ever been through this? If yes, how do you deal with it? If not, please tell me how to deal with it!

Replies

Srishty Chaudhary
Hey! I certainly get some moments in my life where I procrastinate my work and in order to deal with it I only think that what will be the impact of this thing if I don't do it on time. The only thought that comes to my mind is I don't want to burden myself with tons of work later on and hence, this thinking makes me do my work on time rather than procrastinating.
Vanshika Chaturvedi
@srishty_chaudhary yes, oh my god! Ultimately, this "I don't want to be overburdened" thought is what helps most of us cross the threshold of procrastination!
Mikhail Ivanenko
I am asking myself is this the thing I need. What happens if I do not do this. If happens if I do not do some other thing. Usually, I am trying to plan accordingly and think over things which I need to do at the start of the week and also level myself around 20% to unexpected tasks. Though, in my opinion, it is important no to overstress about being unable to do everything and meet your own expectations
Vanshika Chaturvedi
@mikhail_ivanenko thank you for this! I do realize that the major cause of my procrastination is overstressing I often don't begin with my to-do list because I have this though in my mind- "what if I am unable to do everything mentioned in the list on time?"
Mikhail Ivanenko
@vanshika_chaturvedi well, in my case if I am unable to do everything (which is almost always the case), then usually nothing critical happens))) And I think this is relevant to a lot of people - we tend to overthink and overcomplicate things IMHO
Sadly this week was a lot of procrastination for me which is a shame as I should've been busier
Vanshika Chaturvedi
@maxwellcdavis Sir! I really think you shouldn't use phrases like "which is a shame" even if you do not literally mean them I do not know you at all, I do not know what your thought process is- but I just feel procrastination is not a choice! You procrastinate due to excessive task load (which I suppose was your case as you mentioned that you were supposed to be busier) or any other reason. Take a guilt-free break if you need! Cheers!
@vanshika_chaturvedi I think you can procrastinate without a big task load though