The story about how we failed the MVP of Getlanding.io.

Alexey Shashkov
9 replies
Hey makers! I'm Alexey, and with my co-founder Gleb, we're building Getlanding.io, a landing page generator for startups. We have spent three months building the MVP that is not good enough, and it doesn't truly solve any customer problems. We have zero real customers. The users we did have on closed beta didn't like it. Nothing was sticking. We felt frustrated a few past weeks and didn't know what to do next. How did this happen, and what did we learn? Read on Indie Hackers: https://www.indiehackers.com/pos....

Replies

Shariq A
Is there a video demonstration of how GetLanding.io work? Just curious to see what steps are involved and what would a user get at the end. I don't see any details on your website.
Shariq A
@shashcoffe Thanks, I checked-out the video. It is very basic indeed and the video doesn't show any advanced features of your product. Perhaps this is just an MVP or perhaps not all features are shown in the video. And I am guessing you planned for adding more powerful features to your product after gauging the interest of people who were on the waitlist. Based on what I saw in the video, I think there are atleast a few other products that let's anyone create a landing page. Even ProductHunt let's you do that. So, perhaps, you should think about providing something that isn't currently offered by others in the same space? Or atleast your MVP must have that one (or few) features that others don't. I am not an expert by any means, that's just my stupid opinion.
Alexey Shashkov
@shariq_a Shariq, thank you for your supportive and helpful opinion. I really appreciate it. I’m just curious – what is the solution do you use for your website?
Shariq A
@shashcoffe I am of the opinion that a website should have as much information as possible. This allows the website visitor (and a potential customer) to read/explore the product at their own leisure. I went with a full website of my product on day one and I still feel that my website needs more information about the product.
Alexey Shashkov
@shariq_a I totally agree with you, Shariq. That’s true.