The ideology behind today's app stores may be wrong

Kacper Raubo
3 replies
The very first assumption I made when I started thinking about the industry of getting and distributing apps was that it is illogical that we use an app to buy and install apps. In my opinion it is, to some extent, against the nature of things that we get some kind of items using an item of this kind. In fact, it is like we would somehow buy cars from withing a car or get ovens from within an oven rather than from a home appliance store. Hence, since the platform used for getting apps should not be an app, it neither should look nor behave so. From my point of view, it indeed is right to install apps through a native interface like it works on iOS or Android. Nevertheless, the interface should not be an app, exactly like the Web, which enabling to share and browse online documents is not a kind of such a document at all. Moreover, such an interface should not be a kind of a business, even more so with a full monopoly on the market.

Replies

Launching soon!
Thank you for asking such an important question! I'm curious to hear what others have to say:)
Tina Sabri
The fact that for getting some kind of items, another item of the same kind is used is, to some extent, against the nature of things. In fact, it is like one would somehow buy cars in a car rather than in a showroom or get ovens from an oven rather than from a home appliance store. Hence, the platform used for getting apps should not be an app. LiteBlue
myccpay
In general it indeed may be right to require apps to be installed through a native interface like it works on iOS or Android. ToysRUSCreditCard