The BIG "Ship" Thread

Ido Lavi
17 replies
TL;DR - post a link to you Ship page, get feedback from the community We're launching on PH soon, and have already set up our Ship page, which got me thinking - "there are a ton of Ship pages laying around, but no one collects quality feedback on them". So here's my answer - post your Ship page on this thread + your email and I'll send you a quick Loom video of me viewing your page and giving my feedback. If a few other people join me, well, we got ourselves some quality feedback sessions from real users (or in other words, a PMs dream 😍)

Replies

Sharath Kuruganty
Happy to give some feedback Ido!
Margarita Shvetsova
@5harath @ido_lavi @codemongo Hi Victor! I thought the same, but I've seen so many Ship pages with this quickly jumping animations, that I am not surprised. I also find it inconvenient to read, but I understand why people have to go for it: it's not static (I did, however, choose a static image for my own Ship page as I find the jumping animations kind of annoying).
Ido Lavi
@5harath Thanks Sharath! Would love your feedback on our page: https://www.producthunt.com/upco...
Victor David
@5harath @ido_lavi Hi Ido, your Ship page looks good, very clean. The only problem I have is the animations. It starts off "Hello.. I'm.." but before I can read it, it's gone and something else moves in and then it too moves away rapidly as it gets displaced by something else. There's about 4 things in rapid succession that don't stay still long enough to focus. Once it all stops, it's great, but I found the opening distracting. UPDATE: After looking at several other Ship pages, I see the same animations and have the same reaction. This might be something about Ship and how it works. I don't know because I haven't used it yet. Maybe someone who knows more about it can help me out.
Victor David
@5harath @ido_lavi @margarita_s88 Thanks Margarita. I've explored Ship a bit more and I see now that the animated page is one of the options. I love your page! Very nice. I may need translation services in the future. Our app /service supports multiple languages; I've done the English and Spanish, but we may want to add more depending on how it goes. It's still early yet.
Margarita Shvetsova
@codemongo Hi Victor, sorry for the late reply. Yes, animation is supposed to look more fun than static images, so out of the three styles Ship offers, most people prefer to go for the animated one. Thank you, glad you liked my Ship page :) I would suggest you to subscribe to our Ship page so that you can use the coupon for those future translations :) I will be happy if our service will be of help to you! Btw, what app/service are you working on? Will you launch it on Product Hunt anytime soon?
Margarita Shvetsova
Hey Ido, thanks for this great thread! I only launched our Ship page yesterday... and surely will need to tweak it while I still have some time before the launch :) Here is the page: https://www.producthunt.com/upco... Will be happy to hear your feedback =) PS: I've been subscribed to Amy for a while, if you'd like my feedback - please let me know, I'll share my thoughts when I reply to your email :)
Ido Lavi
@alconost @margarita_s88 Thanks for sharing! 1. I really like the picture you added - it makes what you're doing very obvious (taking my text and translating to different languages) 2. I didn't understand if this is a service or a product. If it's a service, what makes you different from any other translation service? If it's a product - what is the process? 3. To how many languages is my text translated into? Overall, love the clean design of the page. I'd focus my efforts on the value you bring to customers and not on what you actually do. Good luck!
Margarita Shvetsova
@ido_lavi Ido, thanks very much for your feedback - much appreciated! I plan to edit the Ship page based on your questions :) Thank you for your questions! Nitro is a self-service translation platform, and there are several things that make it different from other products of this kind: - translations are fast: 60% of orders are completed within 2 hours, and 98% - in under 24 hours. - the process of sending your texts to be translated is very simple and convenient for IT products: basically you just paste the text, tick off the languages you need, see the instant quote, pay and hit "Send for translation". - You only pay for the amount of text you have, even if there is just one or two lines of text - no charge for the "minimum order". There are 60 languages if you translate from English :) And thanks again for your great feedback! Would you like my feedback on Amy's page? :)
Ido Lavi
@margarita_s88 Awesome, really clarifies your product's ideal use. I'd love top hear your feedback 😀
Margarita Shvetsova
@ido_lavi thanks Ido! :) Glad I managed to explain it better. I've edited the Ship page based on your feedback :) And here is my feedback about Amy: maybe the reason is that I am not your target audience, but I didn't understand right away who it is for. I only understood that when I chatted with your colleague Lior and she explained it's targeted at those who often have meetings with people outside of the organization and need to gather information about them (like as an ice-breaker) So, it says "meetings", "meeting prep time" - but doesn't really explain what meetings these are. Maybe it's just me :) it does say "Break the Ice", this could give an idea about the kind of meetings. "Reducing 95% prep time" sounds impressive, and figures are always good :) From the description, I couldn't understand how exactly it will work, what form of a product it is. It says " all straight from your calendar" - how does it work? I guess it's impossible to explain it all in a short Ship page, but hope to get more info once you launch! :)
Lukas deConantsesznak
Hey Ido! https://www.producthunt.com/upco.... I have been subscribed to Amy for awhile now so you can send me an email :)