Success vs. health: are you worried about consequences of working 10+ hours a day?

Jan Forsthuber
4 replies
A lot of us are striving for success and putting the hard work in even though we know that success means nothing if you lose your health, physical or mental... What's your approach here, how do you take care of yourself (meditation, hanging out with loved ones, sport, healthy meals, ergonomic workspace... whatever comes to your mind)?

Replies

Miriam Dorsett
Yes. 100% I worry that at the end of it all, I will regret not spending more time with my family. I try to spend as much time with them as possible - really any free time I go to family first, and really be present in those moments with them. Daily breathing and stretching is key for me, and dancing. Nature is life. Being grateful at mealtimes. Just try to do better each day a little bit! Thank you for your thoughtful question!
Jan Forsthuber
Feel you. Relationships are super important, especially with your family, and even though you're sacrificing/investing your time for a better future for them as well, it'd be a shame to miss all the important family moments. That's a great approach, thanks for sharing. How did you establish those habits? Also, do you have any trouble with staying present when you're with them? Because sometimes, I can't get rid of the feeling that I'm missing out and that there are tons of things that should be done...
Emma Phượng Nguyễn
Can share this experience with you. During the pandemic, nothing can be predictable. I personally optimize my learning experience with health and well-being. Also, try to dig deeper into more meanings of who I am and why I am doing what I am doing. This really helps me a lot to find a better version of myself. Take care.
Jan Forsthuber
@emmanguyen The pandemic definitely changed our priorities and forced us into some more introspection.