Startup statistics?

Kwadwo Adu
4 replies
I'm trying to figure out how many startups are built yearly on a global scale, any clue? Also, is there any way to figure out how many products have been hunted on Producthunt?

Replies

Vlad Gidea
Hey Kwadwo, you can "time travel" around PH and see for each day/month what products were hunted: https://www.producthunt.com/time... Now if one would count them, that would be something interesting to look at! Counting startups at a global scale depends on your definition of "startup" imo. Most of the studies I've read would classify them either as projects, or companies with a registered number, or venture backed... so maybe having a clear definition in place will help you at least narrow your search and allow you to make some projections at a global scale. A certain university ;););) where I worked counted any CVR as "startup" and lots of students just had a reg no to bill their uncles for banners and websites (hardly a startup) So even if you do find that report, I would think the methodology is super important.
Vlad Gidea
@kwadwoadu How about Dealroom, Pitchbook, Crunchbase - or the Atomico State of EU Report?
Kwadwo Adu
@gidea Hi! Long time no seen. Good feedback, my challenge then is, that I'm looking for B2B SaaS startups globally, ofc one country or even city could be a great start as well. University might be too narrow since I need to find the number by country?