Social media managers, how do you switch off from work?

Yeshaswini
5 replies
How do you draw the line between work and your own leisure and do actively avoid social media once your work day is over?

Replies

Cica-Laure Mbappé
I switch off notifications or I keep pro accounts separate from my phone. Usually I put music on and do something else (gardening, cooking) that distract me from taking my phone and laptop.
Yeshaswini
@cica_laure_mbappe That's perfect. Me too, I find some other tasks to do and try to stay away from my phone as much as I can.
Urvi Patel
I usually catch up with my friends daily after work, spend dinner time with my family, share each others day, make plans for weekends or make simple to do list for the next day/week and sometimes I do bed time yoga and go to sleep. There were times when I used to be on social media for hours and hours at late nights.. also I was anxious about stuff going around and within me.. but, once you get a hit to self control, the habit changes. Its better to find something/someone that pushes you towards your self control. Always! You are not alone in this!
Yeshaswini
@urvi_patel312 Thank you for sharing that, Urvi! It really does feel better. And yes, I try to spend time with my family and keep my phone away then. Hope everyone around you is safe and well