So, What Should You Do to Learn a Language in 6 Months?

Nijatullah Mansoor
15 replies

Replies

Ng Fang Kiang
The fastest way is to visit the country and stay there for a while (eg: few months). Speak their language when buying stuff, asking questions and so on.
Daniel Leal
@jorcus Hey Ng Fang, have you visited Colombia? Really nice place to live as a digital nomad.
Daniel Leal
@jorcus @nijatullah_mansoor It depends on the currency you earn. If you earn in USD trust me it would be really cheap. But yes, you have to look at your budget.
Ng Fang Kiang
@daniel_leal Not yet, I have a few friends from there but haven't had a chance to go there yet. I heard a lot of good stuff about there. But, It's very far from my area.
Nijatullah Mansoor
@jorcus nice idea but it will be really expensive :)
Nick
@nijatullah_mansoor That's an interesting question. Assuming it is not about any programming language, as you would find man resources for the same. The way which has worked for me is to listen to their songs (along with video and subtitles in English) and consume their cinema with subtitles. Let's you know a few phrases to get started.
Nijatullah Mansoor
@nick_mapup that is amazing idea I really apricate it. I will follow this steps.
Jessie
Practice, practice, practice :) preferably with someone whom that specific language is its native one. Which language you are looking to learn?
Jessie
@nijatullah_mansoor English is an easy language to learn because there are not a lot of complex verb tenses....It's my third language and now I'm fluent by mostly practicing speaking it with friends and watching TV shows like "Friends" with subtitles :)
Nijatullah Mansoor
@jessie_m basically want to learn English languages
Nijatullah Mansoor
@jessie_m I am also going to start doing that looks really nice idea
Daniel Leal
What level of proficiency do you want to achieve? Involve it in your everyday. For example, English is not my native language (as you can notice in my writing haha) but I have a whole day where a talk in English with my wife and / or friends. And everyday I try to interact in platforms like PH to practice. Make it part of your routine!