Smart plant pot project

Tjark Wesselink
10 replies
Hi everyone, I am working on a side project and i was wondering if people would be interested in this product if this product is even desirable. Down below a short pitch. The smarthome plant pot: What people often forget about having an indoor plant is that the plant also needs feeding, not just water but also supplements. The consequence is that indoor plants only survive for one or two years. The idea is that the pot itselft will provide water and nutrition to the soil. Sensors will provide enough information to get the best ratio water and nutritions for that specific plant. Al this can be monitored via an app. I am curious what you all think if you have any tips and how desirable this product is?

Replies

Fares
It's a great idea, but how much do sensors cost to analyze the chemical composition of the sole? By the way, that's a great idea.
Fares
@tjark_wesselink in this case go! it's great idea
Tjark Wesselink
@fares_aktouf Thx for replying the costs of these sensors are relatively low so that will not be to big of a problem. Thanks for thinking along
Zifa Sadriyeva
Plants survive 1 or 2 years in the most plant-knowledgeable households. There are many people, including many young professionals, whose plants survive just 2-3 months and because they know it, they do not buy plants even if they want! So you do have a lot of market, certainly, if the pot is connected to a big tank of water supply, which lasts perhaps up to 3 months or is permanent. Please upvote my discussion with a Poll about profit margins in the New discussions, you may find it very useful for any business. https://www.producthunt.com/upco...
Christian C
I was working for a startup which had lots of plants in the office. For two months they couldn't access the office and not sure what happened next.... that would have been a really helpful solution for them!
James Salli
I buy all my flowers - indoor and garden flowers, as well as substrates and accessories at Getpotted. I really like this store, the quality of goods and fast delivery play a special role in it. My most recent purchase was huge garden planters. They look laconic, but at the same time very elegant.
Clair Birge
The idea is simply amazing! I used to gift indoor plants to my mother like orchids, violets, ficuses, and so on. However, after several months, they all died and it was such a pity because my mom loves plants. So after those years of doing everything wrong, I started to buy wholesale flowers from https://fiftyflowers.com/ to make her big bouquets and put them in the vases so that they would smell in the whole apartment. She is happy every time when I show up with a new bunch of flowers.
Yami San
Sous Vide cooking exhibits Cooking Bavette steak precise temperature control with circulation to generate 5-star outcomes.
Rosalie Steame
Keep plants fertilized. Proper fertilizer is the key to a fruitful garden or vegetable garden. Use organic fertilizers such as compost or humus to enrich the soil with essential nutrients. Here https://gardeniaorganic.com/annu... you can find a lot of useful information that will help you do everything right