Small free product to start on PH - hot or not?

Lena Krzemieniewska
6 replies
Hey! I don't feel ready to launch fully on PH yet, but I want to build my community and brand here. Do you think that launching small product, freemium model, would be a good idea? To get this exact one you should log in into proper platform. Will it dilute final effect while launching product itself or not? What's your opinion?

Replies

Christian C
Try the ship page as suggested by Maxwell and build a network of users before launching. I'm doing this for producthunt.com/upcoming/wordsfromimage
Note sure but a Ship page is another option for you...
Lena Krzemieniewska
@maxwellcdavis & @chriscarex - thank you so much! Didn't know those exist, I started one here https://www.producthunt.com/upco.... I'm not sure if this would be helpful in this case though - we already launched the product itself, it's freemium part is already valuable a lot, I'm just not ready to launch on ProductHunt, since I don't want to miss a chance for full launching potential. Did you guys promoted your products before launching somehow different than Ship page? And do you see real interest in your Ship content?
Christian C
@lena_krzemieniewska @maxwellcdavis same here, need to push more, will update the website with a banner and do some more promotion first
Brian Nutt
We are pegging a Summerish launch for our full platform but along the way decided to spin out a feature we think can stand alone. My hope is this creates community and a forum for feedback as we work towards the larger release. I don’t have a ship page for either product yet but think it makes sense once I have a date I’m confident in for release to users. If you want to see the free product, you can login at adificial.net/BrandBuilder but keep in mind it’s still early.