Should you work 100 hours a week?

Kazimieras Melaika
19 replies
Scrolling mindlessly through Instagram and TikTok can lead you to believe that working 16 hours a day and hustling is the way out. But pause and see how it can damage your health and hamper your relationships permanently. This hustle culture is super toxic and can lead to serious implications for your mental and physical health. Instead of working 16 hours a day, you should focus on working just 8 hours but doing that will require all your attention, and GET SH*T DONE!!! In order to get more productive, you need to understand when you're losing out on productivity. To solve this problem we are launching Effecto.app which lets you track your daily activities, hobbies, and health. Discover correlations between your mood 😊, symptoms 🀧 , sleep πŸ’€ , activity πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ, medications πŸ’Š or any custom factors. Find what improves or worsens your physical and mental health. Check out our upcoming PH page: www.producthunt.com/upcoming/eff...

Replies

Fares
"Understand when we lose productivity". This is the problem! I find this topic excellent because I have the impression that people work to work but without real (Interest, added value ... Productivity), I am a proponent of working less for better results, and it frees time for personal life.
Daniel Engels
Some weeks, I work 12-14 hours a day, for two conflicting reasons: - I love what I do and am impatient to see the results - I fail to concentrate, which requires me to spend more time than might have been necessary (I'm working on that).
Rucha Joshi
That is an excellent problem to be solving for. The note really resonates with me. Looking forward to seeing Effecto.
Kristian Larsen
Having been working 80 hours for years in my early 20's - I cannot imagine having the concentration and gut to stomach 100 hours. Unless all you do is sleep, work and eat. 80 will at least leave you with some time for family and hobbies, which is crucial to recharge. But we all are built differently.
Bhavik Singh Minhas
Not so long ago, I was doing that. Didn't take long before my passion started turning to poison. Learned that if you have to go long, you'll have to keep your health in check.. and working 100+hours a week won't do you any good. Once in a while is cool, but long term, you're looking at health issues.
Mahtab Khan
100 hours work without any break or with break? Because without any break It's not possible for anyone. Old Generator sale Purchase in India Old Generator sale Purchase in Delhi NCR
Benjamin Arne
A simple tips that I recommend : UNINSTALL SOCIAL NETWORKS It has saved me between 5 and 10 hours a week which I can invest in my personal projects and in doing sport. And for those who think it will isolate them: in fact, I connect better with my friends now than before.
Vivek Vardhan
One of my professional mentors advised me, People overestimate what they can do in a day and underestimate what they can do in a week. He showed me how 40hrs a week is more than enough to run 2 startups and manage a full-time job along with a family with 3 young kids.
Maya Ben Zid
I agree, it is 100% unsustainable. Also, working styles vary person to person, what some can get away with others never will. That's why listening to your body and your mind is the key - if you feel tired, stressed, or exhausted, these are the red flags of burn-out and it's better to stop.
Launching soon!
An occasional 100-hour week is alright. But I've never seen it work as a consistent practice. You feel like you're constantly playing catch-up in your own life. That's true of all long hours, whether it's a 65- or a 100-hour workweek. Although it's becoming increasingly common, it leads to burnout and is toxic to mental health.
Mahyad
I feel it is really dependant on the person; if you want to grow your startup to a point in 1 year were it would normally take 3 years and you can be 100% productive every hour of those 100 hours, sure go for it. If not, then find the time spot that you can truly push yourself, get shit done but also be 100% productive every single one of those hours
Eddie RamΓ­rez
No. Don't do it. Take care of your body and relationships with family and friends.
Marina ĐuriΔ‡
I was constantly overwhelmed by work and life until I sat down and started writing to-do lists, workflows, and time-blocking tasks. Also, getting rid of distractions and setting up a separate space has helped me get into deep work more efficiently.
Maya Ben Zid
I agree, it is 100% unsustainable. Also, working styles vary person to person, what some can get away with others never will. That's why listening to your body and your mind is the key - if you feel tired, stressed, or exhausted, these are the red flags of burn-out and it's better to stop.
GamerSeo
It is way too much