Semrush, Ubersuggest, Ahrefs... What is the first tool I need to start doing SEO ?

Paul-Henri Hersen
34 replies
Start doing SEO = audit, ranking, keywords, backlinks

Replies

Paul-Henri Hersen
@antonovna what is your favourite feature with semrush? Just trying to understand a bit more your answer :)
Paul-Henri Hersen
Hello product hunters! With this discussion, I hope to discuss with you about the tools that help you growing. Please feel free to share your best ones ๐Ÿ™Œ
Amirali Nurmagomedov
I had the same question last year. After testing the Semrush and the Ahrefs, I decided with Semrush, it looks like more advanced and having a lot of tools ( which I haven't used yet :) What I liked with Ahrefs, finding good performing contents is much easier, you can find good content and inspire from them.
Paul-Henri Hersen
@amirali_nurmagomedov Thanks for your answer ! Looks like semrush is really (maube too much) powerful
Muhamed-Kanapiya
I can recommend also Serpstat. Also will be better to learn about Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Search Console Insights. If your website on WordPress use RankMath or Yoast SEO
Paul-Henri Hersen
@muhamed_kanapiya Thanks for these tools! I'll check Serpstat for sure
Kane McCann
Honestly you don't need to pay the prices SEMrush and Ahrefs charge, your better off using the free functionality on ubersuggest or go to codecanyon.com and search for "XeroSEO"
Trey Chong
I tried Semrush before, they have very detailed information that you can use to analyse your website from every different aspect. However, Ahrefs is good enough for you and me - people who just started SEO.
Ana Dodig
Besides Semrush and Ahrefs I will also point that Google Analytics is very important tool for good SEO.
Everett Berry
Semrush is very good for keywords. Google's built-in tools, serch-results and search-insights are the only required ones tho.
Paul-Henri Hersen
@everett_berry thanks ! lots of you are going for semrush too
Toget Ideas
You should go for a Semrush
Tanoy Chowdhury
I'm using SEMrush right now, but I have used Ahrefs before which is more user-friendly in my opinion and experience. Since you're looking for the first SEO tool, then Keywords Everywhere is also a good choice
Paul-Henri Hersen
@tanoy27 oh thanks for this new tool! I'm gonna check that
Jaskiran Kaur
I have used Ahref the most and it is a great tool for analyzing websites, backlinks, top pages, keywords, etc.
Vivin furnishings
SemRush is the Comfortable one to Use
Markus Jenul
I find that Ahrefs gives you a lot more than e.g. Ubersuggest.
GamerSeo
We propose two tools ahrefs and surferseo
Paul-Henri Hersen
@gamerseo never heard about surferseo before, thanks for sharing!
Jaroslaw Pidburskyj ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡นร๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆSEO
I donโ€™t use any of these, I prefer to kill two birds with one stone, but doing to soovle.com input any related keywords if present by clicking that long tailed and viewing then scroll to the bottom as google provides possible suitable alternatives. 2 birds with 1 stone
Kit Fach
I've used both SEM Rush and AH Refs I think both are great tools, I personally prefer the UX/UI of AH refs but that's personal. I think when you're starting out with SEO sometimes advanced tools give you more info and tools then are helpful. You can also check out something like Mangools which I think is like $30 a month which I've heard good things about. Honestly, the best instant thing to help SEO is switching over to cloud hosting like AWS or Google cloud, there's a great case study on the effect of better site performance on ranking. https://www.rebootonline.com/blo... For overall performance, you can use something like GT Metrix to check how your site currently performs and what to fix. This will help a ton with technical SEO, but it's still a pain and takes a ton of time, most site builders are just slow and bloated. The biggest place I see people missing out on is distribution. After publishing content get it out there. Quora and Twitter are great ways to do this, answering relevant questions and linking to your blog posts as long as it's useful. Lastly a shameless plug, I co-founded Wizrd.org which is a blogging platform that provides a blog optimized for performance and technical SEO and focused on being super simple and easy to use. Depending on what functionality you want to use it might be perfect to get you started.
Paul-Henri Hersen
@kit_fach Thanks a lot for your answer! Just discovered my website gets a 1 grade with gt metrix. good news! I'm gonna check the other tools. Thanks again
Norah Eva
It's a good discussion. I also wanted what is the best I should adopt for my site mini bongs for sale SEO. I think Ahrefs will be the first one to adopt.