Q: How do your users learn how to use your app?

Khalid M.
4 replies
I found that +50% of users skip feature guides and the rest forget 70% of any training. If you use help articles, youtube videos, or product guides, how helpful are they actually? And how much effort does it take to implement? Thanks in advance!

Replies

Neri Raanani
An extensive help center with high-quality documentation for each feature and use case. Yet, I think that videos work better and I would try using Loom to record every feature and easily edit and upload it to your guide center. It can work. It's an effort but using Loom might make it slightly easier.
Neri Raanani
@khalidm3 Sure! If I had a tool that could reduce the work time to a few minutes, I would change any process! I am familiar with our use case and product features, so I can write the help guide in about an hour + review + a few minutes for revisions. I think it depends on the complexity of the use case and the product - ours is pretty straightforward and simple. Does that answer your question? :)
Khalid M.
@neri_raanani How long does it take you to create help content for a use case on average ? Would you change it for a process that takes a couple minutes ?
Junior Owolabi
docs articles, and event-based guides like Appcues does