Podcasts: which app to use and what to hear?

Deepa from True Sparrow
18 replies
I am starting to listen to podcasts but getting overwhelmed with which app to use and who to follow. Currently I am listening to think fast, talk smart on Spotify. Any recommendations? What is your favourite podcast?

Replies

Kolton
I've transitioned to solely using Spotify for ease of use in combination with music. Some of my favorites are Andy Frisella and Alex Hormozi (both are on the no BS, hard work train which I personally identify with)
Harshit Beniwal
You should definitely listen to my all time favourite: Metamuse by the team behind @museapphq
Allison
I use Apple podcasts! It's pretty simple and does the trick. Currently listening to Huberman lab - it's about the science behind brain and sleep. I like it! Would recommend!
Iya Mendoza
So far, Spotify and Apple Podcast are the most popular, unless you have a specific show or host in mind.
Todd Kunsman
I only use Spotify at this point. Some of my favorite podcasts include Indie Hackers, The State of Demand Gen, How I Built This w/ Guy Raz
philipptemmel
Pocket Casts is without a doubt the app made for Podcast Lovers. It has a lovely interface, makes it easy to keep track of the podcasts you are listening to, and it also does a great job regarding discovering new podcasts. Shows that I love and listening to regularly are Modern Wisdom, The Knowledge Project, Non-technical, The Nathan Barry Show, Acquired, On Being, Means of Creation, On Purpose,...
I tend to use Spotify now (after years of Apple). Changed because of the awful UI on Apple as a listener (hard to find episodes etc). I also exclusively listen to music on Spotify so just made sense to have all my audio content in the one place.
Xan
I love Hidden Brain. It's really interesting.
Hardik Shah
I use Spotify app to listen to podcast as well as music !